PKHeX for Pokemon Emerald Rom: Save Data doesn't appear to be changed at all after making edits

SC221

Hello

I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me what it is I'm doing wrong exactly.

I've tried to make a number of different edits, both to pokemon in my Party and Box, as well as my inventory. I make the edit (So far one at a time for testing purposes), export the save file and overwrite my .sav for Pokemon Emerald (U), yet when I then load the game, none of my changes are visible

Here is a list of the changes I've attempted to make:

1. Change Lax Nature on Mudkip to Rash - Upon load, nature is still set as Lax

2. Change EVs of Taillow to the 502 natural maximum of 251 Atk, 251 Speed - Upon loading, no stat changes seen despise the EV increase showing immediate changes to stats even at a low level

3. Increase the amount of Super Potion in my inventory from 1 to 99 - Upon load, no change to the amount of Super Potions in my inventory

4. Attempt to add Master Ball to pokeball inventory - Upon load, no change to pokeballs in inventory

Each time it has failed, I've reloaded my back up (One of my own making, I just made a copy of the original .sav file and put it in a separate folder). So it can't be remenants of failed edits causing the problem

Does anyone have any advice on what exactly is going wrong here? I'm wondering if it's an issue with the .sav file itself, but it loads fine both in game and in PKHeX

Thank you to anyone who is able to advise on this matter

Hello again to anyone reading this

I've fixed the issue I was having

Basically, if this same issue happens to you, you need to ensure that you're loading the new save on your VBA or chosen emulator through the following:

File->Import->Battery File->Your edited save

If you try to load the save file via resetting the emulator, it won't load the file

I hope this is able to help anyone who suffers this same issue in the future