Please help improve my shoddy battle team :)

havoc

Hey guys

Ive been lurking round the forums for about a week and it kinda got me into the mood for some competitive battling, so i decided to try out the sites shoddy battle server and everyone on there has been really helpfull and nice :).

anyway heres my team, i am up to all suggestions and improvements (please go easy on me im a bit of a noob)

Torterra (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Overgrow

EVs: 252 HP/148 Atk/110 Def

Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Earthquake

- Stealth Rock

- Synthesis

- Wood Hammer

Ok this big guy is my stealth rock setter, and with good HP and Def he can play a good defensive role in the team and take out the main used rapid spinners such and starmie and donphan

---

Weavile (M) @ Expert Belt

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd

Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Brick Break

- Ice Punch

- Night Slash

- Swords Dance

Weavile my physical sweeper, if i can set up a SD or two he can clear entire teams i have found, pretty basic :)

---

Salamence (M) @ Choice band

Ability: Intimidate

EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/254 Spd

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Draco Meteor

- Flamethrower

- Hydro Pump

- Dragon Pulse

He hits things hard.

---

Scizor (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Technician

EVs: 252 HP/112 Def/146 Spd

Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Swords Dance

- Substitute

- Bullet punch

- Roost

a few subs and SD's later this can do some really great damage

---

Starmie @ Leftovers

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 174 HP/216 Spd/120 SAtk

Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Ice Beam

- Surf

- Recover

- Rapid Spin

My rapid spinner to get rid of that damn stealth rock haha, and he can deal very decent damage to some strong foes such as salamence

---

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Synchronize

EVs: 255 HP/128 Def/127 SDef

Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Payback

- Toxic

- Wish

- Curse

if i can poison the foe and use umbreons great defence to outlast them while restoring health with wish he can last for aages (you can see im not really a strategy man huh?)

---

Edited by havoc

Hey bud not got time to look at your team yet but you're going to want a bit about your reasoning as to why you chose these pokes and add an opinion maybe note some threats and ask specifically what you want improved/suggested. Otherwise someone'll close the thread. :).

Just a few quick things... with your Umbreon You should run payback with curse give it 0 spd IV's And maybe take your def EV's and pump the attack because curse already pumps the defence for you.

Similarly you might want to run bullet punch over X-Scissor on Scizor. He's not got great speed so the stab and technician priority move works wonders.

(However there might be a reason why you chose this, so its best to put your reasoning before hand so people know what to say)

Best of luck. :)