NO$GBA Crash - Program Issue

Joshikun

First of all, "currently, Pokesav only works for Diamond and Pearl and Pokesav for Platinum only works for Platinum." I *am* using the Platinum Pokesav for my Platinum emulator.

I should mention this as well. I tried using a previous No$gba DS emulator. When I would open the cheats menu and simply close out of it again without even adding any cheats, the program would crash every time. So, I downloaded a second No$gba emulator which is the one I am currently using. This program does not crash like the last one.

Now, I do all as described here under "Using Action Replay Codes (with an Action Replay DS or Nitro Hax)," though it only mentioned "run[ning] the codes with Pokemon Diamond or Pearl." Like I said, I am using Pokemon Platinum as well as the correct Pokesav program for this ROM. I do as instructed even though it only mentions Diamond and Pearl. I manually copy the code from the XML file and paste it into the No$GBA DS Emulator cheat list, but once I hit the final "okay," which would normally execute the code, the program crashes. The *only* thing I am attempting to do is *create* a Pokemon for the second slot in my party. My game file on my ROM is fresh, meaning I just started a game, so the only Pokemon I have is a starter in slot one. Thus, I create a Pokemon for slot two in the Pokesav, then do as directed in the given link. I only created it, I did not alter anything. The game crashes when I try to execute the code given in the XML file.

I figure that either the No$gba emulator I am using cannot handle it or I am not following the instructions for Platinum, and the instructions I was following were in fact only for Diamond/Pearl.

If your emulator for Pokemon Platinum is working with the Action Replay codes, please link me to the download for it. Hopefully, that will solve the problem. Otherwise, I need someone to walk me through how to use the Pokesav with Pokemon Platinum without the emulator crashing. Thanks in advance.

Well, well, well! So much problems that could be easily solved!

Why not just directly edit the save file by opening it with Pokésav?

Open NO$GBA.INI using Notepad and change "SAV/SNA File Format == Compresssed" to "SAV/SNA File Format == Raw"

Then save in-game.

As long as you keep the save format "Raw", it should always produce a save file compatible with Pokésav.

Also, might I add that when I try to open a SAV file, no files show up in the "Open" window. In the "BATTERY" file, there is one SAV, but when I open that, it says it is not compatible. The valid extensions are (*.sav, *.dat, *.0, *.nsd). The main save file is *.nds, not *.nsd. Thus, I cannot open it.

***EDIT: Oh, and when I changed the available extensions to "other files", I was able to successfully open the file, though, there is no information about my current game file like ID or my starter Pokemon in the first slot of the party. But maybe there isn't supposed to be?

No.

The save file is the .sav, not the .nds.

You have to open the save in Pokésav after changing save format to raw.

I don't see how the save format would affect ARDS codes.

Since you only have one Pokémon in your party...

When you input the wanted Pokémon in the 2nd slot of the party in Pokésav, look a little lower, where it says "Party members"

Type "2" in that box.

Next, in ARDS code output, tick "2nd Pokémon" and "Party members amount" in the Party Pokémon box.

Success!! I just saved it in Pokesav like you said and it worked. :D Thank you very much. ^^

I suppose I will ask this. Are there any possible negative side effects to using Pokesav vs. the cheats, themselves? I mean, is the Pokesav as risky as using the actual Action Replay codes?

I know this doesn't have to do with the Pokesave, but you may happen to know a fix to another problem I am having. In the GBA for Pokemon Emerald, there are three options for the sound: Off, Mute, On. If I turn the sound on, everything runs smoothly. If I turn it off, it is a bit laggy sometimes. If I mute it, it works as efficiently as if the sound were on. I don't have that mute function for this No$ emulator. When I turn the sound off, the No$ tends to crash, mainly at the end of Pokemon battles, oddly enough. Personally, I'd rather listen to music other than that of the game soundtrack. I use my computer to listen to music, so it is not like I can just mute my computer. Any suggestions?