Edited saves won't load; game loads as if clean with no save file

Hayama92

When attempting to open Checkpoint via the Album on the Homescreen, it says Atmosphere is running in 'Applet Mode.' 

When backing up a Pokemon Sword save file, or even post edit when attempting to restore to load it, the game will launch as if there is no save data for it. Also, if in "Applet Mode", I get a message prompt in Checkpoint whenever I backup/restore saying something like, 'applet table not found, file saved to recommended folder instead.' 

Tried fresh install of CFW files, tried using a different Save Editor, and I even tried loading the Homebrew Menu via a title by holding R. Checkpoint isn't in Applet Mode if I run the Menu this way meaning I am using the entirety of the memory, but after I backup/restore, close the software and relaunch, Sword still loads as if it has no save data. (language select screen)

Does anyone have an idea about what could have been messed up here? I feel like the pathing for my source save file is being loaded incorrectly somewhere, or Checkpoint being in Applet Mode has something to do with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance!