What do I need to pokesav in Omega Ruby/Alpha Saphire

marat569

Well I'm getting a check soon and want to buy a 3DS and either the latest pokemon game + tools or a flash cart.

All I want to do is be able to save edit/generate "legit" pokemon [evs/ivs] and play online. I used to do this via pokesav long ago when it was easy; but times have changed.

Please tell me what I should buy.

1) What version 3DS, do I need a specific firmware

1a) What firmware

2) Should I buy a flash cart + save edit

3) Should I buy the game and use some tools like power save

3a) If i need to get tools, what tools should i buy

3b) What software should I use

3c) Are there guides available?

Thank you, I make this post every year or so, it's been over that now and I think pokemon generation is possible.

If this is the wrong section, please move my thread instead of deleting it; I'd really appreciate the help.

I've been out of the loop a long time, back in the day I'd plug in my SD card, open the .sav file, and edit my box -- but I am not a "noob". Thanks again.

Well I'm getting a check soon and want to buy a 3DS and either the latest pokemon game + tools or a flash cart.

All I want to do is be able to save edit/generate "legit" pokemon [evs/ivs] and play online. I used to do this via pokesav long ago when it was easy; but times have changed.

Please tell me what I should buy.

1) What version 3DS, do I need a specific firmware

1a) What firmware

2) Should I buy a flash cart + save edit

3) Should I buy the game and use some tools like power save

3a) If i need to get tools, what tools should i buy

You can run homebrews with the latest firmware version (10.1.27). SVDT is a homebrew that enables you to backup/restore virtually any save file. If you are below 9.2 you can even run downloaded backup and much more, but that's not your case.

I won't detail the instructions (see Smealum's website and YT), but you need nothing more than a 3DS and an internet connection.