Can't edit Desmume files on pokegen

SirDuracell

Hi there,

I recently started playing HeartGold on the Desmume 0.9.11 x64 Emulator on windows 7 (This is my first time using an emulator) and I have reached a point in the game where I want to trade evolve my Haunter and Onix to a Gengar and a Steelix. I have looked for different ways to do that and came across people saying to just use Pokegen to do it.

I am not having any success in editing my pokemon's on Pokegen. Whenever I open my .dst save file on Pokegen (on desmume, I have saved them into a .dst file and not just onto the save slots), I would see my pokemon party as well as PC, but whenever I make a change to the pokemon's and save it, I do not see the changes when I load the file.

I have also tried exporting the save file and opening it on Pokegen, but nothing would load onto Pokegen (the box under where my party is would say Box 1 - Pokemon:30 - Selected: 0 as opposed to what is actually in my Boxes).

It seems like I have done everything and I've tried looking everywhere for help, so if you guys could help me our or suggest another way for me to trade evolve my Haunter and Onix, that would be awesome!

Cheers,

SirDuracell