How to make gateway 3ds work on new 3ds with r4i save dongle

calvinnie

Several days before,gateway-3ds team relesed a new gateway ultra v3.1.0 beta firmware to support for the New 3DS, up to firmware 9.2 for regions EUR, USA and JAP! But to relize this purpose,we still need r4i save dongle and real game cartridge. Just as we knew,r4i save dongle is a useful tool for backing up and restoring 3DS/DSi/DS original game save data to allow you share game save files from Original Cartridges with everyone ,while gateway 3ds flashcard was regarded as the best 3ds game card and following is a detailed guide on how to use r4i save dongle with gateway for New 3DS

Things Requirements:

– A save dongle (like this one : http://www.modchipfactory.com/buy-r4...data-p-25.html ) ,OR a friend with a original 3DS that can launch our Gateway menu

– A genuine physical gamecard copy of “The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D”

– Gateway 3.1.0 ULTRA Launcher.dat file

Steps

1. Download latest gateway ultra v3.1.0 firmware from official site download page

gateway ultra v3.1.0.png

2.Unzip it,open the folder

gateway ultra v3.1.01.png

3.Open the folder of GW_Ultra_3.1.0(Public Beta) ,and drag and drop the Gateway 3.1.0 ULTRA Launcher.dat file to your New 3DS’s internal microSD card, behind the back plate.

4. Locate the savegame for “The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D” for your region in the Gateway 3.1.0 ULTRA release.

5. Restore the savegame to the game: you can either use a generic savegame dongle OR use our Gateway menu’s Restore savegame option with a original 3DS from a friend.

6. Boot up the New 3DS and launch the Zelda game.

7. Select the GATEWAY savegame and Link will be standing inside a tree hut.

8. Simply press A to load the Gateway menu.

You will be greeted with the Gateway menu, and from there you can insert the Gateway card and boot into Gateway mode.

583dd0343793f_gatewayultrav3.1.0.png.bee

583dd0347b076_gatewayultrav3.1_01.png.8b

• 2 weeks later...