[WIN8] Send data to device fail. - Completely up-to-date Save Dongle / .NET 4.5 / Drivers updated

xNano

Hello,

I've got this problem (that everyone on Win8 seems to have) where the save dongle doesn't write to the card anymore. It used to work fine, but since yesterday it just stopped.

When I feed it a file to write on the card, it'll go to around 20% and then just throw the 'Send data to device fail.' error. I've already checked my .Net installation and any outdated drivers, but this is not the case. Also putting it in compatibility mode doesn't work whatsoever. I've read multiple cases where it was just a matter of corrupted savefiles, but I've tried new ones, old ones, downloaded ones, nothing seems to work.

I do have a Win7 machine here, on which it still works perfectly, so I know the dongle itself isnt broken. But my problem with using that one for this, is that it's used by my parents, and I don't want to bother them with something that should be working fine on my own Win8 machine.

So, if anyone could give me some advice on this, I'd appreciate it.

- Nano

Hello,

I've got this problem (that everyone on Win8 seems to have) where the save dongle doesn't write to the card anymore. It used to work fine, but since yesterday it just stopped.

When I feed it a file to write on the card, it'll go to around 20% and then just throw the 'Send data to device fail.' error. I've already checked my .Net installation and any outdated drivers, but this is not the case. Also putting it in compatibility mode doesn't work whatsoever. I've read multiple cases where it was just a matter of corrupted savefiles, but I've tried new ones, old ones, downloaded ones, nothing seems to work.

I do have a Win7 machine here, on which it still works perfectly, so I know the dongle itself isnt broken. But my problem with using that one for this, is that it's used by my parents, and I don't want to bother them with something that should be working fine on my own Win8 machine.

So, if anyone could give me some advice on this, I'd appreciate it.

- Nano

Mine works fine. How I stopped my errors was so.

Always place the save file as well the main software on Desktop only. Try it and respond back.

• 2 months later...