Change Pokemon Sprite in B2 / W2

oneslice

Hi,

So, basically what i want to do is to change electabuzz sprite with thundurus sprite (both menu and in battle sprite).

At first, I thought it can be done by altering some sort of pokemon sprite ID located on personal.narc (/a/0/1/6). But it look like there is none of it. There is form_sprite_start but a lot of it just zero, so I have no idea what's that for.

The other method is by using Kaze Tool's BWSE. Unfortunately, it only works with pokemon trainer sprite, not with pokemon sprite. I always get an error "DSDecmp failed to decompress the file" when I use it. (I've managed to extract the content 4.narc (/a/0/0/4) file from the rom, resulting in 15065 files).

Am I missing something from those two method? Is there any other ways to change the sprite? What tools needed to do so?

Thanks

It seems that BWSE does capable editing pokemon sprite, sorry my mistake :redface:

Tinke v0.9 is the culprit. It isn't compatible with BWSE 2.2a so I had to use v0.8.2 instead.

The next question is how to change its animation movement? Which files is responsible for its animation movement?