Legal not working when it should

greentea

I have this pokemon I got from a friend, a new Pichu thing from down in Japan. My friend went to place himself, and gave me a copy of it. However, I checked it in legal and it comes up as a hack. I trust me friend, and this program isn't working. The same thing happened to some Metagross my friend gave me as well. I think it was like Red Metagross or something like that. They all come up as Type: Hacked Pokemon. How can this be incorrectly checking my pokemon?

I am confident that someone got one of these Metagross I have themselves.

There's something else I've been meaning to ask. I have some friends that cannot seem to get Applocale working, they don't have the extra languages installed or something, so when they deal with foreign pokemon like Japanese or even Korean which I've seen lately, it always comes up with those stupid characters rather than the Japanese ones. I was hoping to make a program in Visual Basic that could convert the hex of a .pkm file into viewable information. I'm hoping to start with translating the OT, and then maybe move to ID and maybe even include PID information. Does anyone have a link or something to get me started on trying to translate the OT?