Action Replay codes question

Demian Chris

Hi guys, this must be a stupid question and maybe this is not the thread to ask it, but last night i was searching codes and i saw something interesting, i saw a View Secret ID code, but it had this legend (YOU MUST DEACTIVATE THE CODE OR YOU WILL NOT ABLE TO FIND ANY LEGIT SHINY) so is there codes that actually block or change the internal data in order that you don't get legit shiny anymore?

I wondering because i always use the IV Checker code for example with starters since they are lvl 5 and it's hard to see how much IV they have, so i turn on the AR, i set the IV checker code and i play until i get a starter with good IV, but since the game has been alterate by show me the IV, it's there any chance my version get mess up for saving the game when i used the code on that pokemon? like no more legit shiny or something like that? i know, i know i can do the shinies pokemon i ever want with the AR but i would love have 1 legit in black 2.

Or the AR codes just mess up your game when you enter a wrong code and save the game?? i really want to know if those codes like the IV checker are bad for the internal system, i think they are not because it shows you the IV just if you hold L, then if you change the pokemon or the page the original stats come back.

I hope that someone can answer my question and if i don't explain myself please let me know. Thank you guys ^^.

what's the secret id code? i've never heard of any such thing as there's no reason to make a code like that that would leave any kind of permanent mark. if there is such a code, whoever made it did a terrible job and really seriously did something they shouldn't have.

the iv checker replaces calls to parse the pkm file for stats with calls for the ivs. it's actually really simple stuff and isn't overwriting anything that would impact the game, so no it won't affect anything. no "viewer" codes like that should affect the game in any way aside from maybe overwriting your money which you can just fix with the ar.

the only way you could permanently affect your game would be to overwrite some data that is saved to your save game. all the code is loaded fresh from the rom every time from the arm7/9 and overlays so nothing can be permanently broken.

• 2 months later...

I personally want to get a Munchlax so I found my Secret ID. The code I found from Pojo.com forum I felt it was not working. So I tried another code found on Gamefaqs and I believe it to work. The first code I found:

SECRET ID CODE (PRESS L+R)

94000130 FCFF0000

B21C4D28 00000000

B0000004 00000000

DA000000 000002E2

D6000000 000002E4

D2000000 00000000

This code is for DIAMOND/PEARL.