Suggestions: PID Finder option and Trainer information

bmn13

Can you add an option (for example a checkbox) in the PID Finder to control if the IVs should be wrapped around when reaching 0/31? I often find myself searching for a PID and wanting to know if there is a valid PID with a higher single IV, setting the polarity to "+" and find that Pokegen has wrapped around the IV to a lower value to find a valid PID.

I would also appreciate if you add a way to automatically input the trainer information (if a save file is loaded) in the "OT/Misc" tab.

Thanks in advance.

Can you add an option (for example a checkbox) in the PID Finder to control if the IVs should be wrapped around when reaching 0/31? I often find myself searching for a PID and wanting to know if there is a valid PID with a higher single IV, setting the polarity to "+" and find that Pokegen has wrapped around the IV to a lower value to find a valid PID.

I don't understand why this is a problem. Set the IV to the minimum value you want, sets its "polarity" to +, set the others' "polarity" to =, and search. If it's less than the value you entered, you know it went backwards and isn't what you want. But at the same time, you know it also went all the way to 31 from the value you specified and found nothing.

I would also appreciate if you add a way to automatically input the trainer information (if a save file is loaded) in the "OT/Misc" tab.

This is on the list of things to do, and isn't hard at all. I can't say when it'll happen though.

I don't understand why this is a problem. Set the IV to the minimum value you want, sets its "polarity" to +, set the others' "polarity" to =, and search. If it's less than the value you entered, you know it went backwards and isn't what you want. But at the same time, you know it also went all the way to 31 from the value you specified and found nothing.

It's not "a problem", but I don't think is intuitive. When I first used it I was puzzled because, even when I set the polarity to "+", the final IV was lower than the one I entered.

This is on the list of things to do, and isn't hard at all. I can't say when it'll happen though.

Great, thanks.

Another suggestion for the PID finder. It doesn't take into account if a PID is possible according to the RNG like Pokécheck does (at least for Generation IV Pokémon). Can this be added?

It's not "a problem", but I don't think is intuitive. When I first used it I was puzzled because, even when I set the polarity to "+", the final IV was lower than the one I entered.

It doesn't need to be intuitive. It's very clearly described to you in the tooltip.

Another suggestion for the PID finder. It doesn't take into account if a PID is possible according to the RNG like Pokécheck does (at least for Generation IV Pokémon). Can this be added?

Further updates to the PID finder to provide more "desirable" results are unlikely. I don't agree with these notions of the PID being some ultra-important construct anymore.

Why? The GTS doesn't check it. Random internet battles don't check it. I've heard that it's not checked in official tournaments. (Which doesn't surprise me at all, and has always been my stance on that.) The game doesn't care. So why should anyone else?

(When I say "check it", I'm referring to the meticulous process of checking the RNG calls needed to produce the value.)

Also, Guested made me add the trainer information thing. It's in the next release.

Further updates to the PID finder to provide more "desirable" results are unlikely. I don't agree with these notions of the PID being some ultra-important construct anymore.

Why? The GTS doesn't check it. Random internet battles don't check it. I've heard that it's not checked in official tournaments. (Which doesn't surprise me at all, and has always been my stance on that.) The game doesn't care. So why should anyone else?

(When I say "check it", I'm referring to the meticulous process of checking the RNG calls needed to produce the value.)

Perfectionism? Silence the "it's legal but not legitimate" people? :-)

Also, Guested made me add the trainer information thing. It's in the next release.

Thanks.