Wonder Card AR code Pokegen HELP?

phoenragon

I'm having trouble generating AR codes from Pokemon Black/White Wonder Cards.

I am using PokeGen 3.0.3

Using a real game cart and an ARDSi, which has been updated to support B/W codes.

I'm loading the file, and generating a code, but when I start up the game and press the activate button(s), the code doesn't activate. Obviously I'm missing a step here if other people have been able to do this. Will you guys please help me figure out what I might be doing wrong?

Screenshots of Pokegen windows:

[ATTACH]9676[/ATTACH][ATTACH]9677[/ATTACH]

Thanks

EDIT: I'm trying to generate codes for the English version of Black, just like the code gen is set up for.

Edited by phoenragon
Adding info

Do you understand its purpose? Since I have to ask.

Honesty, not really. I'm not new to code generating from wonder cards, I just haven't used PokeGen before.

EDIT: I'm GUESSING that it corresponds with wonder card slots on the game based on the text and numbering. But it's greyed out until after I hit the Generate button, so I don't understand what it's meant to do.

Well from experience I know nothing happens. But just I don't see how it makes a difference since it's set on that one whenever the generate button is pressed. It just seems like changing that wouldn't effect the code since the code gets generated first, but obviously it does, since the PokeGen creator is the one telling me that it does =P

So if I change that (I'm guessing to match the slot on the mystery gift screen), it will work?

Look at what happens when you change the selection in the combobox. This is common sense and observation.

Not sure if trolling or...

(trying to be funny here, laugh a bit! =P)

But seriously, it's not lack of common sense on my part. I'm just not familiar with the program. This is the first thing I've tried to do with this program, and I'd really like to understand how everything works. What exactly does that combobox do?

Yes, I notice now that the code changes (gotta scroll the code box to see most of the changes).

But where do I go from here?

I've copied the code to my ARDSi and it still won't activate and dragging the XML file over gave me 13 codes: 12 labeled "partial card (#1-12)" and one named "Used wonder card ID's". All say press select. Gonna guess this isn't right either... =/

I don't know what else could be concluded from the combobox changing resulting in a different code appearing in the editbox, OTHER than "Hey, the combobox must control which code is copied". If, for SOME STRANGE REASON, you think that using the code for, say, card 12 when you put a card into slot 1, is the COMMON SENSE thing to do, then yes, THIS IS A COMMON SENSE PROBLEM.

Now, assuming you're doing all of that correct, what are you doing to activate this code? Also, if you're trying to use more than one code at the same time, it would help to say that too.

Edit: As a note, the XML file shouldn't be displaying "Partial card" for the code names in generation 5, but this isn't affecting the validity of the codes.

I don't know what else could be concluded from the combobox changing resulting in a different code appearing in the editbox, OTHER than "Hey, the combobox must control which code is copied". If, for SOME STRANGE REASON, you think that using the code for, say, card 12 when you put a card into slot 1, is the COMMON SENSE thing to do, then yes, THIS IS A COMMON SENSE PROBLEM.

You misunderstood me. All I was saying was that I didn't expect the combo box to affect code that was generated BEFORE it's value is modified.

I understand now that it does, so yes, I have the common sense to understand that changing the combo box value is going to affect the code.

Aside from the combo box needing to be changed, is the rest of what I did right? (referring to the pics)

You didn't answer my question, nor whether or not you were using more than one at a time.

Edit: Also:

All I was saying was that I didn't expect the combo box to affect code that was generated BEFORE it's value is modified.

So you mean that you didn't expect a disabled control that becomes enabled after generating codes to not act upon those generated codes? ...

So you mean that you didn't expect a disabled control that becomes enabled after generating codes to not act upon those generated codes? ...
Hm, good point when you say it like that. I'm just so used to generating the code being the absolute LAST thing you do in this process. (Pokesav ruined me =P) Anyway, I made an assumption that was incorrect, and I've been corrected. It makes sense now that I have the understanding of how it works. Moving on...
You didn't answer my question, nor whether or not you were using more than one at a time.

I'm only trying to use one code at a time.

I've recreated the code several times using different button combos (select only, or L+R) and tried them each one at a time, using the appropriate activation buttons for the code, but to no avail.

(this is what you were referring to when you asked about how I was activating the code, correct?)

I've recreated the code several times using different button combos (select only, or L+R) and tried them each one at a time, using the appropriate activation buttons for the code, but to no avail.

Great! Now I get to refer you here, which points you here. The first of which thanks you for wasting my time by not reading stickies, and informs you of the consequences. Now let ME personally thank you! I really enjoy people not using resources that're available and instead expecting someone to do the work for them over and over again.