RNG Issues

Shiny Sheimi

Someone please tell me if this is in the wrong thread, by the way. I'm pretty sure it is but not 100%, so let me know if I'm out-of-line.

I use an R4 to play and to hack, and recently I decided to get into RNGing on Pokémon White (E), mainly because I'd like to be able to say that I know how to do it and that I've done it (plus I'd like to be able to provide some legitimate, or semi-legitimate, PKM files to people, depending on how you look at it). I've read all sorts of guides online about how to do it and I've played around with the RNG Reporter but I can't seem to get anything to work. The DS Parameters Search doesn't work - however accurately I use it and however many times I try, it doesn't yield any results. A few people (and I really do mean a few) are saying that you can't RNG on a flashcart. I would first like to know if this is true or not. I want to know for sure - I don't want to buy the game just to find out that it doesn't work on that either and that I was doing something wrong all along. That's my first question.

My second question is: would I be able to RNG without finding my DS parameters providing I can find my initial seed using an AR code, and if so, does anybody know how I can do this? I found a few codes online (check frame, check seed (upper half), check seed (lower half), check MTRNG, check slot 1 PID and check slot 2 PID), but I don't know how to use any of them and I'm not even sure that they're working because sometimes when I press their allocated buttons (with the codes that have allocated buttons) the game crashes. Am I wasting my time with these or just useless at using them?

I suppose my general problem is that I can't seem to get anything to work in the region of RNG and need the help of the Project Pokémon community, seeing as I can't seem to find much assistance on Google. I can understand why; most people RNGing don't use a flashcart, so it's possible that relatively, not many people would have encountered the same problems I'm having with mine. Help would be greatly appreciated!

there are 2^64 possible seeds. you'll be waiting for weeks or months to get where you need to. you need to find your parameters, but not on an r4. you can find them, but they vary by a lot and really won;t be usable. you either need to use a regular cart or grab one with less variable parameters- supercard, acekard, etc. or if you have an ards that would work too.

and no, you're using the codes wrong. they work fine. you need to go to the trainer card and then trigger them then flip the card over.

there are 2^64 possible seeds. you'll be waiting for weeks or months to get where you need to. you need to find your parameters, but not on an r4. you can find them, but they vary by a lot and really won;t be usable. you either need to use a regular cart or grab one with less variable parameters- supercard, acekard, etc. or if you have an ards that would work too.

and no, you're using the codes wrong. they work fine. you need to go to the trainer card and then trigger them then flip the card over.

Is there a particular reason why it'll work on supercard and acekard but not on R4? I don't know much about parameters so is there a chance you could explain it to me in terms that I'll understand?

Also, I did try that method and it didn't crash, but nothing happened for any of the codes when I tried that method.