Drifloon...it needs some folklore

pokemonfan

Hey, is it ok if Others out their own folklore ideas? because i have a folklore for kunaidude's bagon idea.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

well, i don't know if youll let others post folklore here, but here is a folklore for Bagon:

"Long ago, there was a Pokemon called a Bagon. It had lived its life looking into the sky, watching the flying Pokemon soar through the air, wishing that it could be one of them. It longed to soar with the Tailows, the Swellows, the Wingull, and the Pelipper. It grew envious of the Wurmple, knowing that they would one day soar as a beautiful Beautifly, or as a Dustox. It would practice flight, day and night, buy leaping off of ledges, enduring great pain and injury, hoping that its preparation would pay off when it might some day fly.

When it still could not fly, one of its close friends, which was a Tailow, remembered that Jirachi had awakened from its thousand-year slumber. It set off, in search of whoever had found Jirachi. During this time, Bagon had been growing less and less hopeful that it might someday fly, and had been thinking about ending its own life in order that its spirit may fly free before departing for the Spirit World.

When news reached Tailow about this, he searched tirelessly, day and night, hoping to find the human who had found Jirachi. It found Jirachi, playing with a human. Tailow approached Jirachi, but the human tried to drive it off. Somehow, Jirachi told the human not to, and told Tailow to tell it why it looked so tired.

The Tailow told Jirachi of its long journey, hoping that, since Jirachi could grant wishes, the human would make a wish that Bagon could fly. Jirachi agreed, and beckoned the human to follow them back to Bagon. Together, they journeyed back to the Bagon, who had then been about to end its life by jumping off a cliff. Bagon leaped off the cliff, and was caught in midair by several Tailow. Tailow then explained that Bagon needed to show the human, somehow, that it greatly desired to fly, and that with Jirachi's help, it may fly after all.

So the Bagon attempted to fly by flapping its arms and jumping up and down, and stared enviously at the winged Pokemon once more. The human understood Bagon's desired, and, turing to Jirachi, made the wish that Bagon could fly. When nothing happened, Bagon aimed its skull toward the cliff to release its anger. Then suddenly, it glowed with the "Light of Evolution", and when the light ceased, Bagon had been forced onto all fours and was coated in a hard shell. Jirachi returned to its thousand-year slumber, and the human decided to stay with Bagon, because he was curious with what Jirachi had done.

About 2 weeks later, the human awoke to see that Bagon had begun to glow again with the Light of Evolution, and the hard shell peeled off. When the shell was completely shed, the Light deceased, and Bagon appeared, but appeared nothing like Bagon! It had grown wings, size, and an Intimidating demeanor. The human called it Salamence, for it resembled the salamanders that he had read lived in a disant land, and at a first glance, appeared it could be a menace. Bagon then passed these traits on to its chilren, and its children's children, and so on for all generations to come."

- from "Pokemon: Endless Mysteries, Vol. III" -- Chapter 16, subsection a.23: Evolutionary Folklore - Bagon

This is actually my first made-up story. I think its actually pretty good, considering I made it up. I don't kno about how you guys will respnd to this, though.

1. Awesome story!

2. Sure you can totally make folklore too

that almost sounds like it could have rly happened! great story.

It does sound very realistic

these are awesome!

I think that Magikarp/Gyarados is based off of a Japanese myth where there is a carp that over a waterfall (the Dragon Gate, in mythology) it turns into a dragon, not that it takes anything away from your story; it was really good!

Thanks!

Also here's one for lucario

"Can you hear it?" asked gallade of gardevoir

"I can and the sounds only mean impending doom for everyone there is no messenger no one that can help us" replied gardevoir.

"Its impending indeed, there is no way we can stop it" said Gallade

"Unless there are guardians..." mumbled gardevoir

"You couldn't actually believe in those legends" said Gallade

"They have to be true. The aura is real both you and I can use our powers to feel it. Yet we are not in tune with it. We could never command its power" said Gardevoir.

"It is said that the guardians can...yet that's not the point just because the aura is real doesn't mean they're real" said Gallade.

"It is said there will be human and pokemon guardians if there is a chance we have to do something" said Gardevoir pleadingly.

"I know we are the high members of the pokemon high council its our choice" said Gallade.

"Then let's try, if you wont help me I'll get others to do it" said Gardevoir.

"You cant go without my agreement you'll be removed from the council" said Gallade.

"Better then doing nothing" said Gardevoir.

"I'll help then" said Gallade "I couldn't bare to see you go"

"Thank you, now follow me I know where the ruins are" said Gardevoir jumping from the balcony and running off.

Gallade quickly followed. They free fell 50 ft before landing perfectly on the pavement below. They lived in a city built by pokemon for pokemon. They lived in peace and tranquility among the other pokemon villages. Pokemon weren't just wild creatures. The humans didn't understand. They captured and trained pokemon to be fierce and evil. The high council guarded the pokemon world. Now their world, the city, the hope for all pokemon was going to be destroyed if the aura guardians were not summoned at once.

They darted into the forest looking for the ruins that spoke of the guardians. Gardevoir sensed them and reached out her hand and activated her powers. The trees moved and the ground flew up into the air. She hurled the pieces aside and there was the top of the ruins.

"Why is it underground?" asked gallade.

"These things are centuries older then you and I and hidden away from those with evil in their hearts" said Gardevoir.

"I can feel something..." said Gallade

"Its the power of the aura, it emanates from these ruins." said Gardevoir "It is said that the aura guardians of the ancient past, before they were destroyed, trained in these ruins for it focused their power."

"Interesting, now help me lift the ruins" said Gallade

Together they used their psychic powers to lift the ruins above ground. When they were done a crumbling building stood before them.

"Call the elite guard, I'm going in but you need to keep the building above ground" said Gardevoir.

"Yes gardevoir" replied gallade who summoned the guard with telepathy.

The guards, brelooms, soon appeared.

"My lady we are here to serve you" said the captain of the guard.

"We're going in to investigate if we dont the entire city might fall to ruins" said Gardevoir.

"We're with you every step of the way" said the breloom.

End part 1

I dont have time to write the rest now but later I will.

Part 2

Gardevoir and her breloom squad marched into the ruins. It was old and dusty with small bugs eating a way at the stone and wood that held it together. It was a structure built by the pokemon empire that's for sure. No human would've made this. Gardevoir thought to herself.

They journeyed deeper with gardevoir reading the many ruins that were on the wall. Apparently this was not only a training facility but a temple in tribute to the aura guardian pokemon whose name was...that's where the ruins stopped. Gardevoir was confused

Who could this pokemon be? Are they extinct? Why was the temple underground?

The questions puzzled her. However as they journeyed deeper it became clearer. There was a whole story, the story of the aura guardians all on the walls. They were a thriving race they had many and they saved many. Then the war started. The 1st war and it drove the guardians towards near extinction but by some miracle they survived till the 2nd war...and then only one survived

The humans must've targeted the source of power on our side..that was only the end of the 2nd we're on the 5th

The 3rd war came and went with the aura guardians extinction. The sole guardian tried to keep things alive but was easily discouraged when his numerous pupils were murdered by the human assassins...

Ugh humans

Then there isn't much left...the various attempts to rebuild the guardians stopped 500 years ago.

This is impossible! Then what could happen its over...pokemon rebels will be driven to extinction

What's this?

........yet there is hope...the guardians managed to seal one of their own with the power of the aura trapping him in time itself until someone could set him free.

O.o! What! Then there is hope..I must find him and free him!

He is within the temple yet it is small on the outside but a giant maze on the inside. All who have tried so far have failed. Only at the proper time and with the right person will the guardians of the aura ever return.

I have to try!

End part 2

Not over yet guys still working on it