Patching my pokemon Black rom

Crankey

Ive been trying to patch my pokemon black game, which looked really simple, i have no idea what im doing wrong. it creates a new file, but the size dont change from 0 to 256'ish, any help u can provide i would really be greatful!

Ive been using desume if that matters <- ofc that doesnt matter nvm that

the patch is v9, dunno if theres a problem with that or not, but if there is, is there anyone that have a link to a working dl of another version?

ok i got it done on my own.. tho i dont gain xp.. anyone know what patch i need to put on top of it so the AP issues (im guessing about AP) gets fixed :)?

NO WORRIES DELETED IT ALL IN FRUSTRATION....

Edited by Crankey

• 6 months later...

If you'd been more patient then I could have perhaps helped you, although I realise it's a long time ago that you last edited!

The exp. blocker on the game is an anti-piracy feature put on there deliberately to stop people like you, and I, from using ROMs instead of bought cartridges. You can fix it by applying the Rudolph patch, I believe (or whatever it's called - it's something like that). A quick search on Google should find you the patch. I'm not sure what issues there are with compatibility though - you might find that the Rudolph patch only works on clean ROMs, but don't quote me on it.

• 3 months later...