HG/SS: Adding Items?

Hey, I need to add two key items in for a hack I'm making, but I'm honestly not sure how I'd go about doing that, or if it's even possible -- could someone point me in the right direction?

EDIT: Or, would someone be able to tell me how to change the names of already-existing key items, like the Azure Flute?

Edited by Dragonfyre173

Hey, I need to add two key items in for a hack I'm making, but I'm honestly not sure how I'd go about doing that, or if it's even possible -- could someone point me in the right direction?

Presuming you have the data for the key item made, you'd need to hack it into the ROM. (You'd probably need a way to enable it, too).

EDIT: Or, would someone be able to tell me how to change the names of already-existing key items, like the Azure Flute?

To change the name, you'd also have to go into the ROM, find the data for the pre-existing key item, and then edit the key item's data that way.

PS: Azure flute is DPPt, not HGSS.

Presuming you have the data for the key item made, you'd need to hack it into the ROM. (You'd probably need a way to enable it, too).

To change the name, you'd also have to go into the ROM, find the data for the pre-existing key item, and then edit the key item's data that way.

PS: Azure flute is DPPt, not HGSS.

It was a example...

Okay, I managed to edit the item's name (not much of an accomplishment :P), but oddly enough, when I tried to make a character give it to the player, I got a Park Ball instead.

EDIT: And yes, Azure Flute IS in DPPt, but the item data is in HGSS -- I managed to replace that with my item.