[NA] Pokegen 3.0b23

ibac

My files for Diamond and Platinum show bad eggs. In the previous versions they showed correctly. Also these two files also crash in the previous betas if I was trying to save. Also when targeting these files, the program moves to Black/White as a target.

You just want me to have 3 releases in one day, don't you?

I'll fix it in a few minutes.

Edit: I don't know what you're doing, or what your hardware is doing, but Pokemon Diamond Personal.sav is weird. The footers for the first two blocks in both the first and second halves are just zeroed out. At least one of them should always have data.

Edit2: The Platinum file is retarded too. Both of these problems aren't PokeGen's fault, they're yours, or your hardware's. The HG and B/W files load fine.

No, I thought it was just weird that these two files glitch with version 3.0b23 of Pokegen, but not the earlier beta versions. But I as noted earlier the files for Diamond and Platinum always crashed the beta version on my side. They worked find for version 3.312 of Pokegen.This is the one I will be using to generate codes for those two games when I have time to get back to playing them. Also I should note that to get Platinum file to show, I transferred the files individually to Pokegen 3.312 from the the Pokesav so that they would not show as eggs when they were not.I renamed file. I can upload that file if you want to look at it. I cannot argue if it is the hardware's fault, I am on a school's computer.I do know that for me, especially for the Platinum one the generator did not read the original file properly and Pokesav does not read the file that was transferred properly, in other words they both come up glitched respectively. I am not arguing, I love program wrote, but think it is weird that they show as eggs when they actually are not.

Also I should note, for me when I open the Diamond or Platinum the always switch to Black/White as the target instead of Diamond or Platinum which I was actually loading.

Save files have specific places that indicate a rough validity check on a portion of the file. Your save files have no data present for those places. This is wrong. Emulators don't do this. The real games don't do this. I have no idea what you've done, if anything, but I'm not going to adjust the program to act as if your files are valid. At least not without an option.

Also, as your files are, there's no way that I know of to differentiate between any of the generation 4 games. So it's impossible to just ignore the bad data. Instead of asking me to accomodate your request, which only you have ever asked about, you should find the source of your problem and fix it.

They are not from an emulator or a game. They are made from scratch, which probably explains the discrepancy.What I am planning to do is to transfer them over to 3.0b23 so that they will be read as I did with Platinum originally. Transferred a few, Generator still switches to black and white instead staying on Diamond/Pearl when loading file.Still find this as odd. HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black/White do not move.

This explains a lot on why I could not create a file from scratch with Pokegen. This is information either I did not know or just plan did not get from the reading of forum messages. So I should be making these Pokemon from a game file, either cart or Rom.

• 4 months later...

The same problem with Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum do not load in Beta 26 and 27. If I start a new file it targets black and white and will read but does not target where the file is really meant.

I am just informing that these did not load when they previously did load. As said before I will use 3.312 for these files and the beta for black and white when I am ready to change aspects of the Pokemon for personal use and not competition. What I am doing wrong is beyond me other then copying the game and loading it the computer for changes within the game.

What I am doing wrong is beyond me other then copying the game and loading it the computer for changes within the game.
They are not from an emulator or a game. They are made from scratch

That's what you're doing wrong. PokeGen doesn't support, and never will, the concept of save files being a means to store a bunch of Pokemon in a single file. It's that simple. Whether or not using it for this purpose works is irrelevant as it's not supported nor designed for.