Looking for help to update my primary Single Battle Team

zeifer25

Hello,

As the title states, I would really appreciate help in updating my team. This team is used primarily for Single battles, and most of the battles I do is on the Random Wi-fi, but I would also like to have it strong for a full 6 on 6 battle.

I've added in my personal thoughts as well:

Gliscor @ Sitrus Berry

Nature: Careful

Ability: Sand Veil

EV Spread: HP - 252 / Sp. Defense - 252 / Defense - 6

Attacks: Earthquake / Swords Dance / Agility / Baton Pass

Current Tactic:

The idea is to use Gliscor to get in one Agility and one Swords Dance and then Baton Pass them to one of my Physical Sweepers.

My Thoughts:

I can only pull off my tactic 3 out of 5 battles. Mostly it seems that the metagame is seeing Gliscor and is sending out a Pokemon first turn with an Ice Beam to OHKO it. I don't know if there's anything I can do to help boost it. And, from what I've seen, not many teams have been using a Pokemon for setup & pass, but for disruption and then using sweepers to clean up. So perhaps ditching Gliscor for another?

Venomoth @ Focus Sash

Nature: Timid

Ability: Shield Dust

EV Spread: HP - 252 / Speed - 252 / Sp. Attack- 6

Attacks: Bug Buzz / Sleep Powder / Quiver Dance / Baton Pass

Current Tactic:

The idea is to use Venomoth to put the enemy Pokemon to sleep then use Quiver Dance to get some nice stat boosts and pass them off to the Special Sweeper.

My Thoughts:

Venomoth hasn't really worked out at all, but then again I really haven't thrown it into the battles, and it just seems to be "too frail". Maybe I'm giving this bug to little credit? I was thinking of switching it out for something that can cover some of my other weaknesses.

Garchomp @ Life Orb

Nature: Jolly

Ability: Sand Veil

EV Spread: HP - 6 / Attack - 252 / Speed - 252

Attacks: Outrage / Earthquake / Fire Fang / Swords Dance

Current Tactic:

My main hard-hitter. Either receive the stat boosts from Gliscor or use one Swords Dance if necessary. Then just start wailing.

My Thoughts:

Garchomp has won me many times, and he plays like a champ. I don't have any negative things to think / say about him. My biggest problem is that there just seems to be so many Ice-Types or Ice Moves that are really trying to put the hurt on Garchomp.

Chandelure @ Focus Band

Nature: Timid

Ability: Flash Fire

EV Spread: HP - 6 / Sp. Attack - 252 / Speed - 252

Attacks: Shadow Ball / Fire Blast / Energy Ball / Hidden Power (Ice)

Current Tactic:

My main Special Sweeper. Chandelure does a lot of good type coverage and its ghostly powers keeps it for a good switch in to psychics, normals, and fighting types.

My Thoughts:

As soon as the Dream World is released here in the USA, I'm going to hunt me down one with the Shadow Tag ability and get it up here.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers

Nature: Quiet

Ability: Sand Stream

EV Spread: HP - 252 / Attack - 40 / Sp. Attack - 96 / Sp. Defense - 52 / Speed - 70

Attacks: Crunch / Ice Beam / Brick Break / Substitute

Current Tactic:

Tyranitar helps setup the sandstorm, activitating Garchomps' and Gliscor's abilities. Tyranitar can hit really hard, especially when it has been passed on the upgrades.

My Thoughts:

The loss of Focus Punch in the Gen. 5 movepool for Tyranitar has hurt it. A lot. So I'm thinking of instead of doing the Sub routine that I've done for a long time; going with an entirely new type of Tar. But what?

Porygon2 @ Eviolite

Nature: Bold

Ability: Trace

EV Spread: HP - 252 / Defense - 124 / Sp. Defense - 124 / Speed - 6

Attacks: Ice Beam / Flash / Thunder Wave / Recover

Current Tactic:

Thunder Wave to paralyze; Flash to lower their accuracy, and then use Recover to get it back to health. Ice Beam helps cover and hit anything, even if it's not that effective.

My Thoughts:

Porygon2 works great, and is able to take hits like a BEAST! The only thing is the move Flash. I really wanted to use Double Team, but that it seems to be frowned upon. So I don't know what to replace it with.

So... there's my team. Any idea's or suggestions would be wonderful.

a ninjask sub baton swords and some sort of attack. just a sugestion. but for ur porygon2 im thinking tri attack for STAB for chance to cuz some sort of status effect. or since he can take a hit maybe hyperbeam for bulky guys. hits 225. on my porygonz i think it has dark pulse hyperbeam tri attack and like recover i dont remmeber.