Japanese pokemon.

Ryuu-00

I've just created a Japanese Pokemon in Pokegen and its name is in English. I was wondering if there was a way to have it so when I set a Pokemon's origin to Japan that its name uses the Japanese characters instead of the English name.

I've found a temporary fix by just Pasting the Japanese version of the name into the nickname field...untill they evolve >.<

---

It's just come across my mind that maybe because I've deleted the file "lang_日本語" that it's not using the Japanese version I'll test again.

---

No, that wasn't the problem. Can someone else confirm that this is happening on theirs also?

note: I realize adding all of the Pokemon's name in Japanese would be a huge pain in the ass and just might not be implemented.

Thank you for the reply.

While your here, if I set the origin to Japanese will it work like any other Japanese Pokemon in the sense that it will work with the "Matsuda method"

"In the fourth generation, a variety of things have changed in order to allow for the obtaining of Shiny Pokémon. First is a method commonly known as the Masuda Method, named after the game developer and the person who revealed it; Junichi Masuda. This method has you breed two Pokémon. However, one of the Pokémon must be of a different nationality than your game (such as a Japanese Pokémon on an English game). This will lower the chances of hatching a shiny Pokémon from 1 in 8,192 to 1 in 2,048 cutting it by 75% in Generation IV. However, in Generation V, it is boosted even further from 1 in 8,192 to 1 in 1,365.3."

Considering the only indicator of region is that value, I'm sure that would serve the purpose you're wanting.

Oh, and I think if you change the program language to Japanese, the generated name will be Japanese. I can't remember if it's actually coded to do that or not, but I think it is.

Trainer information is the only thing relevant to that.

When you say trainer info do you just mean ID SID and OT? if so dose that mean that I have to change them in order for these to not say apparently. What would I change? one digit in the ID or SID a letter in the OT?

When you say trainer info do you just mean ID SID and OT?

There's an unmistakeable area in the Misc tab. Nothing is randomly excluded from that area.

if so dose that mean that I have to change them in order for these to not say apparently. What would I change? one digit in the ID or SID a letter in the OT?

There are so many posts/guides/whatever online that can answer this question for you.