[SOLVED] Pokedex erased when making pokemon in Black version with "pokedex" option enabled

gun_god10

Hello, I just switched from pokesav to pokegen and signed up to point out this problem. I checked known problems and then searched the forum but couldn't find any threads similar to this.

So, I was making a team and successfully got everything to work with the AR (though I had to do one pokemon at a time), but after I got the first member of my team and saved, I noticed my pokedex was completely missing from the X button menu. I had enabled the "pokedex" feature when generating the codes, because I had already encountered the problem of created pokemon not being registered, but it seems that rather than adding the pokemon to my pokedex it completely removed the pokedex! Also gone were the "professor's PC" and all the "seen: x caught:y" listings, on the trainer card and the save file. I flew to the professor's house and had her check my pokedex, and she said I had seen 1 pokemon in the Unova region. Obviously since I had previously had the national dex that was incorrect. After talking to her, I checked and the pokedex was still missing. I reset, to no avail. I tried going and catching a Patrat, and the "added to the pokedex" part went just like it should for catching one for the first time (even though I already had one in my box) but this did not bring back the pokedex. The pokemon I made itself is just fine btw.

If it helps, I'm using the US version of Black, not a rom but the actual game, a DSlite, ARDS v1.71, and I used Pokegen 3.0b17 to generate the code. Here is the xml of the code I used:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vzt2ayem1zsu78r

Pretty sure this has something to do with the "pokedex" option I ticked, but then I know nothing of coding. When first downloading Pokegen I remember something saying that this option was broken in HG/SS, but no such warning for B/W.

Anyways, just thought I'd bring some attention to this bug.

Edited by gun_god10

The code is generated correctly. You just set it to remove the Pokedex as being obtained. It also has no Pokemon but one marked as seen.

Also, the game actually loaded with that entire code input into your AR...? There are several reports of long codes not working like that, so that's odd. Maybe they have different versions or something.

The code is generated correctly. You just set it to remove the Pokedex as being obtained. It also has no Pokemon but one marked as seen.

Also, the game actually loaded with that entire code input into your AR...? There are several reports of long codes not working like that, so that's odd. Maybe they have different versions or something.

Ah, thanks. I didn't even notice that option before, and when I ticked the "pokedex" at generate code, I thought that it was meant to just add the entries of the pokemon created with the code... I feel pretty embarrassed now.

And about the code length, yeah I got that to work. I tried all 6 at once, didn't work, then 2 at once, didn't work, then one at a time and it worked, though there was a noticeable (but not debilitating) slowdown of everything except the bgm.