The Pokédex

Akaria

Needs to be much better than what it is, for one thing a numbering system does not work.

I understand for kids it's helpful but now with 493 Pokemon, several additional formes, it's not a very good catalogue. I blame Professor Oak in his old age really.

Ideas I've thought about have been a workaround method of organising Pokemon. You'll notice this will begin to sound like a book rather than a handheld dex.

- Entirely alphabetical, but seeing Legendaries such as Arceus beside Ariados may just seem a bit, out of place.

- Elemental organising, meaning the Pokemon are less cluttered with Pokemon that have no elemental relation, so meaning evolution chains can sit beside eachother quite snugly. Eevee will be discussed soon.

- Relating the elemental organising with legendaries, most likely in an encyclopedia they would all come under something along the lines of 'Legends' or 'Myths'. But when it comes to the likes of Mewtwo and Deoxys, which are neither, I suppose they could come under the normal elemental organistion, or they come under 'man-made' like Porygon or Castform, but Deoxy being 'man-made' is debateable.

- Eevee is a toughy, seeing as I can't seem to find any other Pokemon where there isn't some sort of elemental link between each evolution, my best guess would put them into their own elemental areas but make it vividly clearly they are linked, perhaps an additional article at the back or beside Eevee's page about it's remarkable ability.

So yeah, I think too much.

Ideas?

Mmm... ok I believe you haven't toyed around your pokédex(es) right?

In fire red and green leaf you could see the pokémon by

-Region: Kanto and National

-Habitats Grassland, forest, water edge, sea, urban etc...

-A to Z

-Lightest (to fattest)

-Smallest (to tallest)

In Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald you could browse it by

-Numerical order

-Name

-Color

-Type

and in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum:

-Numerical

-Alphabetical

-Heaviest/lightest

-Tallest/smallest

-Name

-Type

-Form

So, there's plenty of ways you could watch-browse-look or whatever your pokédex...

IMO, i still prefer the numerical order, I think it gives rank to the legendaries, u know, as they say, the best for the last.