What should I do

ibac

So, this is normal?; e.g my female Rosarade holds poisonbarb in the Pokémon Generator 2.312 and Never Melt Ice in Pokémon Generator Beta 3.0b15, even though both programs are reading from the same file “Pokémon Diamond Personal”. Next question has to do with met Data. So if I want the Pokémon to be seen as if hatched from an egg, both generators have received from day care couple in the met section. While in the hatched section is where I originally had met fromPokésav. In other words they are reversed from the file were they were copied from. I can always change these manually if this is a translation error as it was when I tried to open a Pokésav Platinum file where I got bad eggs in the Beta version of Pokémon Generator and would not open at all with Pokémon Generator 2.312. In this case I saved each individual Pokémon I had made in Pokesav to desktop and loaded them into Pokémon Generator with no problem. Should I be using the Beta version only or should I keep the 2.312 version until the Beta version is complete.

So, this is normal?; e.g my female Rosarade holds poisonbarb in the Pokémon Generator 2.312 and Never Melt Ice in Pokémon Generator Beta 3.0b15, even though both programs are reading from the same file “Pokémon Diamond Personal”.

I just tested this with a 136-byte unencrypted .pkm file and it had Poison Barb in both versions of the program.

Next question has to do with met Data. So if I want the Pokémon to be seen as if hatched from an egg, both generators have received from day care couple in the met section. While in the hatched section is where I originally had met fromPokésav. In other words they are reversed from the file were they were copied from.
When generating a Pokemon that's supposed to have been hatched from an egg, the met location indicates ...where the egg was met. The hatch location indicates the obvious. You're probably expecting something different.
I can always change these manually if this is a translation error as it was when I tried to open a Pokésav Platinum file where I got bad eggs in the Beta version of Pokémon Generator and would not open at all with Pokémon Generator 2.312.
It sounds like the save file was screwed up to me.
Should I be using the Beta version only or should I keep the 2.312 version until the Beta version is complete.
For anything other than Black/White, 2.312 is advised, but there are known bugs. The next beta release will be really close to bringing it out of a "beta" stage, but I'm having trouble maintaining interest long enough to work on it. (Which is why it's taken over 2 months now.)

I just tested this with a 136-byte unencrypted .pkm file and it had Poison Barb in both versions of the program.

When generating a Pokemon that's supposed to have been hatched from an egg, the met location indicates ...where the egg was met. The hatch location indicates the obvious. You're probably expecting something different.

It sounds like the save file was screwed up to me.

For anything other than Black/White, 2.312 is advised, but there are known bugs. The next beta release will be really close to bringing it out of a "beta" stage, but I'm having trouble maintaining interest long enough to work on it. (Which is why it's taken over 2 months now.)

I found the problem. In the Beta version, as long as the target game is Black/White the items display correctly for me Diamond and Platinum save files, but if I target the respective games the items are offset to another item. The Heart Gold file displays correctly.Codr, thank you for the clarification.

Edited by ibac

I found the problem. In the Beta version, as long as the target game is Black/White the items display correctly for me Diamond and Platinum save files, but if I target the respective games the items are offset to another item. The Heart Gold file displays correctly.

"Pokemon Diamond Personal.sav" shows both Roserade as having Poison Barbs with the target game properly set to Diamond/Pearl. I'm really not sure how you're coming up with something different, assuming you actually are. If you're seeing something different IN-GAME, that's a much different problem, but unless I've misread, you haven't said that.

Pokemon Generator 2.312 displays the correct hold item, but the beta version when I target different games the held item displayed changes. Still, taking for example the female Rosarade when working with the beta version in box 2 when Diamond and Platinum are targeted the held item displays as never melt ice but when Heart Gold/Soul Silver or Black/White are targeted the item displays correctly as poison Barb. I am planning to use the version 2.312 when ready generate codes. I just thought it was odd that the Beta version changes in the display window.

Edited by ibac

Pokemon Generator 2.312 displays the correct hold item, but the beta version when target different games the held item displayed changes.

This sounds about right, and isn't an error. Item values changed between games, as I had already mentioned.

Edit: This behavior doesn't exist in beta 16, but I'm not sure if that's a missed bug or if I intended for it to be that way now. Regardless, this has potentially been helpful to me, so thanks.

Edited by Codr