Under Used Team

BuffJoe

The Team:

I wanted an offensive lead that wasn't Spiritomb. Hey look! Moltres

moltres.png

What? Moltres is 4x weak to Rock? Steelix resists that well, and can get up SR

moltres.pngsprite.php?natid=208&shiny=1

Now my team is weak to Water. Slowking can take the Surf or Waterfall well. Also he resists Fire and Fighting moves directed towards Steelix. And Steelix Resists Bug, Dark, Electric, and Ghost attacks that Slowking dispises.

moltres.pngsprite.php?natid=208&shiny=1199.png

I always feel need to have pokemon with Heal Bell when I play lower tiers, and thought Milktank is very sturdy, can resist Fire and Ice, learns my beloved Hell Bell, and has a reliable recovery

moltres.pngsprite.php?natid=208&shiny=1199.pngmiltank-f.png

Now I have a ton of defensive pokes, and the offensive side is lacking. Scarfed Hitmonlee sounds great. With Priority, 120 STAB attack, Earthquake and Stone Edge, you cant go wrong. ;)

moltres.pngsprite.php?natid=208&shiny=1199.pngmiltank-f.png106.png

Two of my pokes are weak to Fighting, so I'm thinking there is no harm in another fighting resist. Also, I want more offense on my team. Boom. Mismagius.

moltres.pngsprite.php?natid=208&shiny=1199.pngmiltank-f.png106.pngSpr_4p_429.png

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

KFC moltres.png @ Life Orb

Trait: Pressure

EVs: 68 HP / 188 Spd / 252 SAtk

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Fire Blast

- Air Slash

- Hidden Power [Grass]

- Roost

This lead tears apart other leads that want to set up. 2HKOing standard Uxie and Mesprit with Fire Blast, while HP Grass makes quick work of the common Omastar leads.

Japkpot sprite.php?natid=208&shiny=1 (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Rock Head

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Earthquake

- Payback

- Stealth Rock

- Toxic

A very sturdy physical wall that can easily set up Stealth Rocks. Toxic support is always great, too.

King Retard 199.png (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Oblivious

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Surf

- Ice Beam

- Slack Off

- Thunder Wave

A great special wall with a great recovery move. I have kinda disapointed with T-Wave- it doesn't seem to help me most of the time.

UttrlyGoodmiltank-f.png (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Scrappy

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Body Slam

- Counter

- Milk Drink

- Heal Bell

Uses mostly to spam Milk Drink and Heal my team of staus. Also, it does a great job wearing foes down with body slam(Parahax plz) and Counter works suprisingly well

Alright, this thing actually does really well in most of my battles. However, I can't decide beween Scrappy or Thick Fat. Scrappy is the safe option but I usually find it is un-needed. Thick Fat is great to have, but I cant touch Ghosts

Donovan 106.png (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Limber

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Close Combat

- Mach Punch

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge

Every team needs a good Scarf in my opinion, so I choose Hitmonchan. Why? It has and amazing move pool, and seems to fill in the offensive cracks my team has.

Mr. Magius Spr_4p_429.png (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Shadow Ball

- Thunderbolt

- Substitute

- Nasty Plot

A beautiful sweeper. Can switch into Rapid Spin, or fighting moves aimed at my Milktank/ Steelix. From hear, I can Substitute(If early game) or Nasty Plot(If late game and counters are KOed)

Problems:

Sceptile- I have nothing to reliably resist a Leaf Storm(Moltres will loose 50% HP if it switches in). It will do too much damage to any of my pokes for a safe switch

*I'll update this with move info*

Ok sceptile problems, Moltres will resist it nicely, but as you say it doesn't want to switch in really. So firstly I recommend running donphan over steelix, it makes for a great physical wall, and if you're running moltres you really want to have rocks out of the way. It's either that or you run blastoise over slaking for your defensive needs. Another good option would be scarfed venusaur over hitmonlee, problem there is, it's not as strong and it doesn't deter from the fact that Moltres is exiled to the first segment of the match.

Personally, I would give donphan a go over steelix.

Counter Miltank... Hmm, I don't likt it a whole lot. However, Curse/Milk Drink/Heal bell/Body slam is a beast of a set with scrappy.

Somewthing else you could do is run Lanturn over slowking. While Slowking has that instant health thing going on, lanturn boast equivalent rights as special wall, whilst having health in the form of electric attacks aimed at moltres. Running discharge/surf/sub/filler Will allow you to paralyse the more specially enclined foes, and shuffling between Moltres and lanturn should be able to wear the foe down. They all but have perfect synergy.

Personally I don't like mach punch on a scarf set, they seem to cancel each other out. For instance, you rarely find Espeed on a DDancer. If you put Blaze Kick over mach punch, you can then revenge sceptile if worst comes to worst. You could probably also stand to lose some speed eves and pop them into special defence. the hitmons generally do have good special bulk so you may be able to live a leaf storm. If it's too much of an investment, then forget about it.

I dunno what else there is to say really. I mean, you COULD stand to lose the moltres and go the route of a speedy Spiker/ Rocker. Alas, It would seem Moltres is your guy, so keep it if it works.

Oh one more thing. You could try to will o wisp over the sub on Mismagius. Reasoning being the sub is mainly there to protect from status; and you already have heal bell. However, pursuiters sucker punchers are all going to be gunning for mismagius - Absol, hitmontop, spiritomb all spring to mind. All of them are going to hate Will o wisp, and all will be against mismagius at one point or another.