I need a little help, newbie here..

jbird12354

So, i've just got an Action Replay DS EZ, and have a UK retail physical copy of Pokemon Platinum. Before I start heavily cheating, catching shiney Darkrai's left right and centre, I want to finish my new adventure on platinum. I have three Pokemon that are traded over, but they are gaining unfair exp. from battles and aren't obeying me, so i'd like to change it's owner to that games character so it's as if I caught them wild there. I have pokesav, but have no idea how to interact my computer and the cheat cartridge. I'd also like to know how to change the nature and ev's of wild pokemon to set values. Any help would be great, if I am posting in the wrong section I apolagise.

I think I can be of some help here :D.

1) *What you need to do is use a code to find your Secret ID, that can be found in most places on this site, or at any general cheating site.

2) *You need to find a code that tells you your pokemons IV's, I think there is an IV checker code somewhere on the site. Just use the search function in the forum to find these two codes.

3) Use the above codes :D

4) open up Pokegen Read through the thread, and familiarise yourself with it.

5) recreate the pokemon, this should be fairly easy but if you need help I'll be more than willing to do this. It's best to create the pokemon in the box, as to not destroy any existing pokemon.

5b) -Optional- run the pokemon through the legality checker, to make sure the pokemon is a valid one. though if you don't care about legallity then forget this part.

6) In the bottom left corner, there are certain things you need to tick, this is the game, and the trigger buttons. Select your game and your desired trigger buttons, and then hit 'generate to code'

7) Open up word or something, paste the code, and then input the code into the AR Manager.

8) Put the codes on, open the game, hit the triggers and voila, there you go.

** As you know, the secret ID is important so that you the pokemon obeys you. Secret ID is teh thing that determines this, and this changes between each player.

For the IVs these are necessary for running a legal PID/IV Nature algorithm. This makes the pokemon you have classified as 'legal' (I.e appear non hacked). While that sounds complicated pokegen will do all the hard work for you, all you have to do is type in your players ID/ Secret ID, the pokemons IVs and ID and nature, and the program will find a legal algorithm for you.

This may seem long winded, but if you learn how to do this now it saves you relying on other people to make pokemon for you.

If you struggle at any point, feel free to ask me or any of the hackers, AR-ers for help :).

I think I can be of some help here :D.

1) *What you need to do is use a code to find your Secret ID, that can be found in most places on this site, or at any general cheating site.

2) *You need to find a code that tells you your pokemons IV's, I think there is an IV checker code somewhere on the site. Just use the search function in the forum to find these two codes.

3) Use the above codes :D

4) open up Pokegen Read through the thread, and familiarise yourself with it.

5) recreate the pokemon, this should be fairly easy but if you need help I'll be more than willing to do this. It's best to create the pokemon in the box, as to not destroy any existing pokemon.

5b) -Optional- run the pokemon through the legality checker, to make sure the pokemon is a valid one. though if you don't care about legallity then forget this part.

6) In the bottom left corner, there are certain things you need to tick, this is the game, and the trigger buttons. Select your game and your desired trigger buttons, and then hit 'generate to code'

7) Open up word or something, paste the code, and then input the code into the AR Manager.

8) Put the codes on, open the game, hit the triggers and voila, there you go.

** As you know, the secret ID is important so that you the pokemon obeys you. Secret ID is teh thing that determines this, and this changes between each player.

For the IVs these are necessary for running a legal PID/IV Nature algorithm. This makes the pokemon you have classified as 'legal' (I.e appear non hacked). While that sounds complicated pokegen will do all the hard work for you, all you have to do is type in your players ID/ Secret ID, the pokemons IVs and ID and nature, and the program will find a legal algorithm for you.

This may seem long winded, but if you learn how to do this now it saves you relying on other people to make pokemon for you.

If you struggle at any point, feel free to ask me or any of the hackers, AR-ers for help :).

Wow, how kind of you to reply!

The software that came with the AR doesn't even recognise the DS though, which is annoying, is this a common problem? I will try what you said when I get it to work though :)

Thanks

Hehe I wish it was that easy :P

Fundamentally all you need to do is give the pokemon in question the same secret ID as the you, this will like you to the pokemon and thus it will obey you. However, if you want it to appear that you caught it and that it is an exact replica of the pokemon you had via trade, you'll need to do all the long winded stuff. I know it's pretty daunting at the moment, but once you've done it a couple of times it should take no time at all in the future.

Awesome :) Thanks, I can see myself working out how it's done after you show me this, so I really do appreciate it

My SID is 6516, the pokemon are...

1st place

Starly, Adamant

level 11

Wing Attack

Growl

Return

Quick Attack

255 in Attack and 255 in Speed (but would that make it an extremely strong level 11 starly?)

2nd place,

Piplup, Modest level 12

Pound

Growl

Bubble

Water Sport

255 in HP, and 255 in Special Attack

3rd place,

Elekid, Mild level 10

Quick Attack

Low Kick

Light Screen

Thundershock

255 in Special Attack, and 255 in Speed

Not always, the SID is randomly generated between 00000 to 65535.

The Change SID into Money code has a little problem with it. If you have more than 5 digits in your Money, then it can result in a different SID. It can be the same when you have 4 digits in your Money.

Did you have 5 digits or 4 digits in your Money?

Four digits, i've not got to the first gym yet.

Ok so this is how you do it.

1) Open up Pokegen (download from the link in the first post I made)

2) Ignore the PID part for the time being. Select Species. So, this will be starly for the first one.

3) Give it a nickname if you so chose

4) Make the level the level you want it to be.

5) ignore the nature for the time being and give it any item you want it to have, with a keen eye ability, and put it at any happiness you want, 70 is the standard

6) Country set it as UK/US (I assume you're from one of the two)

7) origin platinum and make the gender whatever you want

Next page is the met page. If you are going to give it egg moves, set the location to day care couple, put it in a pokeball, change the level to level 1. Put the date at like a week ago or something. and change the encounter to 'egg'. At the bottom of the page tick "egg", any random in game location will do for where it hatched, and then set the date to a couple days ago or something.

If it lacks egg moves: set the game to platinum, location route 201, encounter grass, level 2 - 4, in a pokeball and whatever date works for you. I usually do a week in the past.

Ignore the next page of stats and go straight to attacks. Put in the desired attacks and their PP.

OT/Misc is the important page.

Type in your Trainer ID, followed by your secret ID, and put your trainer name underneath.

Now go back to the first page. and hit the 'f' button

Type in the IVs that you want. I have put in 24 HP/ 31Atk/ 21 Def/ 14 SpAtk/ 22 SpDef/ 31 Spe, pick an adamant nature, chose the gender, and hit search. Double click the algorithm that comes up, press OK. And Tada, you have your starly.

Next you chose the platinum form the bottom right hand corner, pick a trigger button. Select works. Generate code and then refer back to my original post

For elekid you follow the process that you did with starly, however, you must click "egg" in the first box, and follow the egg steps that I illustrated for starly, as I don't think elekid is a catachable pkm in platinum.

I hope that helps xD

Below I have attached the starly I made whilst making the tut.

If you load that into pokegen, and just change your SID/ID/Trainer Name, redo the PID, then you'll have your starly.

Add here's the code for said starly (though this won't work for you as we don't have the same S/ID/ T/ID Trainer Name etc. This is just to show you how it works.

Trigger - Select. Will appear in box three.

94000130 FFFB0000

B2101D40 00000000

E000F694 00000088

ADAD70B9 8AB50000

2D9F675D FCC7F311

75033018 FA022B39

E5DEC3E4 EEF1A62F

8278DEF3 172E5995

A2AA1338 F37BAA5F

3031DC7F 0111100C

A7207668 F901E7BF

167B1B0A 5BCBC74E

8B47896A AD7FD9D8

02160D81 B1320D36

44CF994B 7112714C

F4DE7338 2AFD293A

4A286C2D E186F4ED

BA28CC42 1F5A065C

38BA3518 486A9C29

DCEF53AD 61695328

D2000000 00000000

Starly.pkm

Starly.pkm

I did the infinite money cheat, had max money then did the SID money cheat and my SID is infact 6516(0). Now, onto downloading Pokegen, i have pokesav but will download that now.

Yeah Pokegen is a lot easier to use from a new point of view.

So long as you follow me above steps and the steps from my first post on this thread you should be absolutely fine. If you get stuck though, feel free to ask. :)

Good Luck! :D

Wow this is really hurting my head, i'm getting quite confused with the IV's, i'm still working with the first, starly. Man i've been at this all day i'm really getting a headache with it all now

I've copied your IV's for starly but it says it's unknown for me.. damn I wish I could just pay someone to do these three pokemon for me, i just want to carry on the story and battle the first gym! haha

Wow this is really hurting my head, i'm getting quite confused with the IV's and running quite slowly, i'm still working with the first starly.

I've copied your IV's for starly but it says it's unknown for me.. damn I wish I could just pay someone to do these three pokemon for me, i just want to carry on the story and battle the first gym! haha

In the PID box, just put everything that I set in and it should work so long as you have inputted your T/ID, S/ID and Trainer Name. There may be a small problem here though. If this is the case, beside the IV number that you have typed in, choose "1" from the drop down box to the right of ATK and SPE, then put "2" next to each other ID.