Starting with All Starters in Platinum

thelogicalghost

Hiya happy Pokesav peoples! Since I am a total idiot when it comes to this sort of stuff, I was hoping for maybe some advice and help with a little project of mine.

I'm currently playing Pokemon Platinum as a rom on DeSmuME0.9.6 (which I feel justified in doing without feeling like stealing, since I do in fact own the game and paid for it legally, but find it more convenient to play on my computer). I have this odd personal habit of using Gameshark or Action Replay to gain all three starter Pokemon at the beginning and then play through building my team around that. Usually I accomplish this by getting through the first rival battle and then using the code that causes my next random tall grass battle to be with each of the two starters I didn't pick, and then catch them. So far, the only series for which I haven't done this is Platinum/Diamond/Pearl, because I couldn't get Pokesav to work for me, either as AR codes or by changing the save file.

So I present this problem to you, oh technologically inclined ones. What's the easiest and best way for me to start the game with all three Starter Pokemon as quickly as possible, given that I'm working with DeSmuME?

(Bonus point: if I'm going to have all three starters, which is the best to pick as my first one, in order to affect my rival and Lucas/Dawn's teams?)

Thank you so very much in advance!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I would really like to have something more than "make the AR codes to have three pokemon" because that's what I've been trying and failing to do! It doesn't work for me.

There's a Picknicker right before Eterna Forest using a Piplup level 15, so I guess you can catch your rival's Chimchar... and that girl's Piplup if you chose Turtwig. Alternatively, you can generate codes using Pokesav. If you don't know how, play around with the tool for a while until you get a grasp of it... or I can personally generate codes for you myself I guess.