Pokémon XD, using Emerald bred pkmn in the main adventure

Zeazevedo

Hello .

Yesterday I tried xD RNG Manipulation, and I just could not get into it.

Would it be possible to hex edit a xD save file to get a pkmn bred in pkmn emerald there?

What I mean is, I would trade my bred pkmn into a xD post-game, and than try to edit a xD fresh save file (right after the salamence vs metagross fight) with that said pkmn. (as in, figure out the Hex location of eevee and replace it with the bred pkmn, does not have to be a replace, it can be add)

Would something like this be possible?

Or I'm I just day dreaming?

Thank you in advance.

Hello.

Yesterday I tried xD RNG Manipulation, and I just could not get into it.

Would it be possible to hex edit a xD save file to get a pkmn bred in pkmn emerald there?

What I mean is, I would trade my bred pkmn into a xD post-game, and than try to edit a xD fresh save file (right after the salamence vs metagross fight) with that said pkmn. (as in, figure out the Hex location of eevee and replace it with the bred pkmn, does not have to be a replace, it can be add)

Would something like this be possible?

Or I'm I just day dreaming?

Thank you in advance.

Hey, I don't know much about RNG or save editing but I do work on editing the game files in the ISO directly.

From what I've read I think the save files are encrypted in some way which means it would be almost impossible to copy the hex from one save file to another. The game has a way of checking that everything in the save file makes sense and as soon as you change something it will say the save is corrupted and make you start again.

However, there are alternative methods of getting the pokemon you want:

1. Action replay codes.

It's very easy to find action replay codes to give you any pokemon you want. You can find the unencrypted AR codes and modify them to give you the exact pokemon you want.

2. RAM editing. If you're playing on the dolphin emulator you can run it in debug mode and edit the game's ram directly. If you search, you should be able to find the ram offsets of your party and change the data to whichever pokemon you want. Then you can save and that pokemon will be in your save file permanently. (Note that this is exactly what action replay codes do, just they do it automatically.)

3. Edit the game files directly.

This method is a lot lengthier but if you wanted you could edit the ISO you're playing so that the first shadow pokemon is the pokemon you want. In theory, you could change it so that eevee is the pokemon but I haven't been able to figure out where the game stores this quite yet.

I spend a lot of time using the first 2 methods when I want to run quick little tests so I would recommend those for a small job like adding one pokemon. Of course these depend on having either an emulator or AR device.