View Full Version : A few Egg questions
Mar 29th, 2010, 07:33 PM
I've never made a 'mon from an Egg before, so I have a few questions:
1. Can ANY Pokémon be put in an egg (eg. Swampert)?
2. I'll be doing this for Diamond, do I put my Diamond games information in (OT/ID/SID, location etc)?
3. When traded over to HeartGold, will the hatched Pokémon will have my HG Trainers OT/ID/SID?
Thats all I can think of for now.
Thanks in advance.
Mar 29th, 2010, 08:19 PM
1. yes any pokemon can be put into an egg but if you do that it'll most likely show up as hacked
2.If you're going to trade it from Diamond to HeartGold use the Diamond/Pearl pokesav and use your diamond OT/ID/SID
3. the hatched pokemon will have your HG information
Mar 30th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Thanks very much Dahon. I do have 2 more (sorry!):
4. IV's, they'll be whatever I set them too when hatched?
5. If I set EV's, are they kept too or are they reset to 0 (I guess the latter)?
Mar 30th, 2010, 03:48 PM
1) IVs are permanent and can not be change once set. Any hatched Pokemon will come out as "legit" even if their IVs are unbelievable or if their PID is not matching. Also: Putting your pokemon in an egg does NOTHING besides keep it in an egg. All the information set beforehand will stay set, and it'll make your pokemon come out as hacked. Instead, just say it hatched from an egg, and leave it at that - it's more believable and passes the test if you do this.
2) EVs are also permanent to some degree. Once you set them, they'll stay there. If you use berries that decrease base stats (kelpse berry, etc) then the EVs for that particular stat will go down. If you use vitamins, the EVs for that particular stat will go up. It's best to max out your Pokemon's EVs before making it, though. If you DON'T max EVs and hack a Pokemon, that's kind of pointless...
Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.2 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.