seriously strange box thing...

doom275

I just recently got an R4, and have started playing through a Platinum ROM on it. I recently got to a point where I caught a bunch of pokemon, most of which ended up in my box. I looked through my box, then saved, and turned the game off. But when I rebooted later, I found only the top line of box 1 still there, while everything else had disappeared. And now, whenever I save, everything else in the game (party pokemon, location, etc) saves with it, but the box remains exactly as it was - the top line of box 1 full, and nothing else. I can even withdraw a pokemon from the box and save, and it effectively gets cloned.

To try to fix this, I tried opening up my .sav in pokesav, and looked at the box, and I've now made an even more puzzling discovery - every single slot in the box is taken up by an invisible pokemon. They're all nameless, but when I go to edit it, everything apart from the species, hold item, moves and nickname/OT is filled in - happiness, EVs, IVs, ribbons, contest stats/achievements, ability, ball, everything. But these missingnos don't show up at all in the game.

Can anyone figure out what's going on here?

EDIT: oh, and all the things are completely randomised - they all have different IDs, EVs, ribbons etc.

• 2 weeks later...

You could try deleting them with Pokésav to see if it fixes anything.

Best explanation would be that the writing process got interrupted somehow when saving and that would have corrupted the save file.