This code should do the trick :

Change player's nickname to Matti (L+R):

94000130 FCFF0000

B2111880 00000000

E0000074 00000010

01450137 01580158

FFFF014D 00000000

D2000000 00000000

Pokesav is the best (and the first) save editor for D/P/Pt/HG/SS.

It also allows exporting game data into AR codes.

More informations, downloads, etc. can be found here : http://projectpokemon.org/pokesav/

Let's say it was the first save (including Pokémon) editor then. :)

Until recently (at least 2008), it was the best save editor, but now that Pokémon structure and algorithms are almost completely reverse-engineered and publicly available, many Pokémon editors are appearing on the Internet, just like your PokeGen.

COM made a really great job with Pokesav, he figured out save and Pokémon structures, algorithms and such on his own and before everyone else.

He's a kind of genius. :D

many Pokémon editors are appearing on the Internet, just like your PokeGen.

What others comprise this group of "many"? I don't know of enough to consider it "many".

COM made a really great job with Pokesav, he figured out save and Pokémon structures, algorithms and such on his own and before everyone else.

He's a kind of genius. :D

I don't think you have the information necessary to make the claim that he did it on his own. It's obviously possible, but I'd be surprised. Regardless, someone knowing more than you about the methods involved in extracting such information doesn't make them a genius.

Please don't take this as me trying to "bash" you or whatever, I just don't like people practically worshiping anyone.

12749974755775cool_man.jpg

I didn't mean to offend you, excuse me if I did.

What others comprise this group of "many"? I don't know of enough to consider it "many".

Okay, let's call it "several" if you prefer, then.

I don't think you have the information necessary to make the claim that he did it on his own. It's obviously possible, but I'd be surprised.

From what I read, he did do it on his own.

Maybe this is wrong, maybe not, I didn't ask him.

Regardless, someone knowing more than you about the methods involved in extracting such information doesn't make them a genius.

Please don't take this as me trying to "bash" you or whatever, I just don't like people practically worshiping anyone.

Don't get me wrong, I don't "worship" anyone.

But I think that without COM's work, Pokémon structure research wouldn't be as advanced as it is now.

Your program is definetly great, but you must keep in mind that it is not the first nor the only Pokémon editor.

And please, don't feel offended everytime someone mentions Pokesav without saying that PokeGen is better for Pokémon editing, especially since this thread was about player renaming, not Pokémon editing.

No hard feelings ? :)

12749974755775cool_man.jpg

I didn't mean to offend you, excuse me if I did.

I'm not offended at all, just mildly annoyed.

Okay, let's call it "several" if you prefer, then.

I'd still like to see names of or links to these other editors.

Don't get me wrong, I don't "worship" anyone.

I wasn't saying that you do, specifically. However, I have seen quite a few examples of people that may do just that.

But I think that without COM's work, Pokémon structure research wouldn't be as advanced as it is now.

Was any of it even made publicly available in terms of documentation? If not, how would anything he did be relevant here?

And please, don't feel offended everytime someone mentions Pokesav without saying that PokeGen is better for Pokémon editing, especially since this thread was about player renaming, not Pokémon editing.

Again, it's not me being offended. Pokesav's layout and poor coding just make me want to vomit.

No hard feelings ? :)

I think you're assuming too much about my mood/intentions. I had nothing against you, and still don't. I just don't think it's appropriate to point people to software that's going to make things more difficult for them when usable alternatives exist.

I'm just waiting for a moderator to see this thread, the fact that it has multiple quotes, and immediately assume there's an "argument" going on and close it.