Pokemon Legality and Abilities

RiseAgainst

Maybe I got the topic right this time xD

The Checker seems to say there legit but I'm pretty new at this I don't know which is Ability 1 or 2 I've been trying to google an answer for a while now.

I'm starting to wonder if my Breloom and Heracross are illegit because of their abilities.

Making a Tyranatar a male legitly would also be pretty cool xD

Could anyone help me with this? I uploaded the rest of my team if anyone is willing to double check the them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dusknoir.pkm

Jolteon.pkm

Tyranitar.pkm

Heracross.pkm

Suicune.pkm

Breloom.pkm

Dusknoir.pkm

Jolteon.pkm

Tyranitar.pkm

Heracross.pkm

Suicune.pkm

Breloom.pkm

Maybe I got the topic right this time xD

The Checker seems to say there legit but I'm pretty new at this I don't know which is Ability 1 or 2 I've been trying to google an answer for a while now.

I'm starting to wonder if my Breloom and Heracross are illegit because of their abilities.

Making a Tyranatar a male legitly would also be pretty cool xD

Could anyone help me with this? I uploaded the rest of my team if anyone is willing to double check the them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

You are correct. Both the Breloom and the Heracross are illegal since they have ability 2 but their PID gives them only Ability 1. Just enter the IV's you want then choose PID/IV and select a nature that has ability 2. Do that for the Breloom and Heracross and they will be legal. The Tyranitar too can become male by changing the IV's and selecting the desired nature/ability/gender. Apart from that everything looked like you obtained those Pokemon legitly.

You are correct. Both the Breloom and the Heracross are illegal since they have ability 2 but their PID gives them only Ability 1. Just enter the IV's you want then choose PID/IV and select a nature that has ability 2. Do that for the Breloom and Heracross and they will be legal. The Tyranitar too can become male by changing the IV's and selecting the desired nature/ability/gender. Apart from that everything looked like you obtained those Pokemon legitly.

I've talked to various people and have been told that the PID ability doesn't have to match the actual ability the Pokemon has. According to them, it can actually be generated differently by the game, but I haven't done any testing to try to validate this. If you've actually tested this and seen otherwise, please post and let me know.

I've talked to various people and have been told that the PID ability doesn't have to match the actual ability the Pokemon has. According to them, it can actually be generated differently by the game, but I haven't done any testing to try to validate this. If you've actually tested this and seen otherwise, please post and let me know.

Where's proof of that? As far as I know, the ability the PID indicates is the ability the Pokemon should have. A way to test this would be to deliberately create a Pokemon with a differing Ability from its PID and then to deposit it into a box. If the pokemon when removed from said box retains the ability, then perhaps the ability need not nessesarily match the PID's ability. However that still does not indicate whether a Pokemon hacked in such a way would pass a hack check.

My belief that the PID ability is the true ability stems from this article:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45097

Where's proof of that?

I have none, that was made clear in my post, which is why I didn't state it as a definite answer.

As far as I know, the ability the PID indicates is the ability the Pokemon should have. A way to test this would be to deliberately create a Pokemon with a differing Ability from its PID and then to deposit it into a box. If the pokemon when removed from said box retains the ability, then perhaps the ability need not nessesarily match the PID's ability.

This is assuming that the process or depositing/withdrawing a Pokemon from the PC actually modifies the stored ability index based on the PID. I would expect this to NOT be the case.

The only definite situation I know of where the stored ability is modified is when the Pokemon evolves with the first ability, has a PID indicating ability 2, is a species from generation 3 that only had one ability, and has 2 abilities in generation 4. In this case, it does in fact update the ability to ability 2.

Edit: Confirmed that PC deposit/withdrawal does not modify the current ability in any way, regardless of the PID, as expected.

My belief that the PID ability is the true ability stems from this article:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45097

A lot of their information contains stuff regarding generation 3 as well. I didn't thoroughly read through that post, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's making assumptions from old generation 3 knowledge. (Where the PID solely determined which ability the Pokemon has.)

Edited by Codr
-

I have none, that was made clear in my post, which is why I didn't state it as a definite answer.

This is assuming that the process or depositing/withdrawing a Pokemon from the PC actually modifies the stored ability index based on the PID. I would expect this to NOT be the case.

The only definite situation I know of where the stored ability is modified is when the Pokemon evolves with the first ability, has a PID indicating ability 2, is a species from generation 3 that only had one ability, and has 2 abilities in generation 4. In this case, it does in fact update the ability to ability 2.

Edit: Confirmed that PC deposit/withdrawal does not modify the current ability in any way, regardless of the PID, as expected.

A lot of their information contains stuff regarding generation 3 as well. I didn't thoroughly read through that post, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's making assumptions from old generation 3 knowledge. (Where the PID solely determined which ability the Pokemon has.)

Ok, so depositing and withdrawing does nothing...I see. However I still would choose an PID with the ability I wanted because I am unsure of whether such a hacked pokemon would pass a hack check. It just seems like having an abilty that doesn't match the PID makes it looked hacked...I mean, would a Pokemon caught in game have an ability that did not match with the PID?