Two questions about editing legit pokemon

raptir

I don't want to use Pokesav to make hacked pokemon from scratch, I just want to edit the values of pokemon I catch/breed to make things a little easier. I'll be playing HG/SS first.

There are two main things I want to do with Pokesav: Edit IVs/Nature, and evolve trade-to-evolve pokemon. Can anyone tell me how I'd do that and still make them seem legal (plus, for trade-to-evolve pokemon, make sure they have the right stats and all that)?

I tried editing the IVs and Nature of my Totodile, but it didn't work. I changed the IVs to what I wanted (just tweaked a couple), then went into the PID/IV generator. I hit generate and picked the nature I wanted (adamant). I then went to Stats Edit and clicked "All Max" (to make the stats proper for that level, at least I think). When I drag it over legal.exe, it says under type, "Never seen this. B-A-C-E [unrestricted]". What does that mean, and what am I doing wrong?

That and any answers about evolving Kadabra and whatnot would be appreciated.

I uploaded my Totodile.

mytotodile.pkm

mytotodile.pkm

I've fixed your totodile for you, the Special Def has to be a multiple of 8 and the nature you want has to be in the Type1 section of your PID Generator. So I made it the lowest I could while retaining it's gender. As for the evolution. Stats are calculated after the pokemon levels, so I believe you are able to level it to whatever level and simply change it into it's next evolution. The game will change it's base stats by itself, so don't mess with those, and the stats will even out.

mytotodile.pkm

mytotodile.pkm

Well, thanks for fixing it, but how would I have known that beforehand? Yes, that's great for this pokemon, but I really want to know how to do it myself. How do I know which stat I need to edit to get the nature to be in the Type1 section?

It is normally just first put the lvl of the pokemon. Then make the EV all 31 and IV all 85. Finally click stat's edit click max and then find the nature

Warning!!!!

The nature you want might not be one that you can get by catching the Pokemon or is extremely unlikely to have