Changing a shinies Trainer, ID, and SID - questions?

Trainer Vincent

Alright, well, when I was playing my Diamond game, I managed to actually hatch myself a shiny Beldum. Really fond of the guy. However, I'm sorta playing SoulSilver now, and I want to be able to convert it to match the new trainer name, ID, and Secret ID.

I've heard that if you mess with the ID and SID, then it won't be legal anymore. Is there any way I can change those aspects, keep the shininess, and keep it legal? Thanks!

The way I understand it, it's not possible to just change Trainer ID/Secret ID and maintain shininess, unless you luck out (basically on the order of rolling "another" shiny). However, depending on where you draw the line for it being the "same" Beldum from an emotional attachment point of view, we may still have some options - by changing the PID we may be able to change Beldum's trainer IDs while keeping its shininess, IVs and Nature (and we can certainly do so if the IVs are allowed to drift a bit).

Here's what you do:

1. Grab your new trainer ID and secret ID, and make note of the IVs and Nature of your Pokémon.
  2. Download the PID <--> IV generator and run it.
  3. When you get to the menu, choose option #3 and enter in all the data you wish to keep - the IVs, nature, and Trainer ID numbers. If it spits out a PID, you're done - there's a match for your new identity, and you can plug the given PID into Pokesav.
  4. If Step 3 didn't work, try menu option #2, and enter IVs slightly lower than the ones you recorded - it'll give you a list of possible PIDs and IV spreads to choose from.

If you don't want to go through this, or if you couldn't find a good match to your original Beldum, there's one other possible solution: using Pokesav to change your own trainer ID and Secret ID to match your Diamond game. If you want to go this route, you can use Pokesav's "PID/IV" button to migrate your already-caught HG team over to the new trainer ID - they won't be shiny, but they probably weren't shiny to begin with, so it should be OK.

Does having hatched it shiny, as opposed to catching or chaining it, modify anything? It seems to be showing up alright in the Legality Checker. I mean, I'm not sure, but there's no error messages. Here's the results anyways -

Pokemon Legality Checker - by: Sabresite - vB54-24

File: C:************

Checksum: 0xDF22 - Valid

Pokemon ID: 2939054787 - Serious, Genderless, Ability 2, Shiny

Egg Received: March 20, 2010 - Hatched: March 20, 2010

IVs: 14,27,18,28,14,18

Trainer ID: 3220

Secret ID: 51576

Trainer Gender: Male

Hidden Power: Fighting - 64

Fateful Encounter: No

Gender Check: Valid

Effort Values: Valid

Nicknamed: Yes

Home Town: Johto [soul Silver]

Country Originated: UK/US/AU

Type: Hatched

Oh, it's actually my only non-event shiny, that I did legitimately hatch, which is why I'm trying my best to preserve its shininess. If there are problems, let me know please? It would highly be appreciated!

Heh, shows how clueless I am about this whole thing... I checked and apparently PID doesn't need to match IVs if the Pokémon is hatched. So basically all you need to do open Pokésav, enter in the new Trainer ID and Secret ID, click Generate next to the PID field, set the shiny checkmark and nature and stuff, and generate a PID. The PID will be different from that of the original Pokémon, but everything in-game should appear the same.

Good luck! :)

...my gods...it's that easy. I mean, I'm not a competitive battler and all, I just want it to work out. But...if I had known it was that easy for hatched Pokemon, I woulda saved a lot of time tinkering with the IVs to get a similar nature and all that on my OTHER Pokemon -laughs-

Thank you much!