optimize my team’s type coverage

Denni

I’ve put together a group that I think has good synergy, but I want to make sure it’s well-rounded in terms of type coverage. The Pokémon Type Calculator shows that my team has solid defense but can struggle against some types. Here is a summary of my group.

• Talonflame @ Leftovers
    Ability: Gale Wings
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
    Adamant Nature

• Brave Bird
    • Flare Blitz
    • Roost
    • U-turn

Talonflame is my go-to for dealing with threats weak to Flying and Fire. Gale Wings provides priority, making it useful for taking out faster opponents.

• Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
    Relaxed Nature

• Stealth Rock
    • Gyro Ball
    • Leech Seed
    • Protect

Ferrothorn offers great utility with Stealth Rock and Leech Seed. It’s meant to handle Water, Fairy, and Rock types, and its typing provides a good defense against many threats.

• Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 44 SpA / 212 Spe
    Modest Nature

• Hydro Pump
    • Thunderbolt
    • Will-O-Wisp
    • Volt Switch

Rotom-Wash provides coverage against Flying and Water types, and its ability to burn opponents can help in dealing with physical attackers.

• Garchomp @ Life Orb
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature

• Earthquake
    • Dragon Claw
    • Swords Dance
    • Fire Fang

Garchomp serves as a physical attacker and can take on Dragon, Ground, and Steel types effectively.

• Blissey @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Bold Nature

• Seismic Toss
    • Soft-Boiled
    • Toxic
    • Heal Bell

Blissey is my special wall, meant to handle special attackers and provide team support with Toxic and Heal Bell.

Using the pokemon type calculator, I have improved my team's coverage to address its weaknesses more effectively. Now, I’m excited to continue to refine my system by finding specific pokemon types or variations that can further increase my team’s performance. I’m looking forward to continuing to refine my lineup to deal with different types of threats and shine in battles!