Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky - The Story of Team Kirby (Version 1.3.0) (dialogue fixes and more portraits)

Welcome to my first attempt at making an Explorers of Sky ROM Hack on SkyTemple! This is a ROM Hack of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky that gives the player character even more personality than the vanilla game, and even referenced Explorers of Deceit! And yes, I'm rewriting Chatot's dialogue. Don't worry, it's going to be fun when you get to the Chapter. 

It is also going to Include: Our hero's talkative personality, and Chatot's worry.

Features:

Spoiler
  • Experience a Familiar Story about our familiar comforts with some special changes (with a talking protagonist!).
  • End/Irdkwia's move shortcuts patch and starter selection patch, and Same Type Partner patch.
  • DisableTips by End, if you want to play the game much more smoothly.
  • The unchanged level curve.
  • Complete Team Control patch by Cipnit.

Choosing Starter Pokémon and Partner:

Spoiler

The starter pool is the same that's present in Explorers of Sky, with the added option to select your preferred starter after completing the personality quiz. Also, Same Type Partner!

A Snippet of the Video:

Spoiler

Screenshots:

Spoiler

image.png.e61781d791458ef078059bf9c6a9c24e.png

Patching instructions are below ->

PATCHING: 

1. Please ensure you are using a USA ROM of Explorers of Sky
  2. Download XDelta - https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/
  3. Or Download Delta Patcher - https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/704/
  4. Download and extract the patch below
  5. Patch, and enjoy. :D

We'd love to hear your thoughts on this ROM hack! Join the discussion on the Explorers of Sky - The Story of Team Kirby Discord Channel.

The Eighth Version.zip

Edited by ZeroModernDay
The Eighth Version, now adding in to give the portraits to the characters.

Posted (edited)

I'm also including Manual Mode (aka. Complete team Control) because I want to balance around it. Oh, I'm also updating the cutscenes to really pull the story behind it.

Edited by ZeroModernDay

• ZeroModernDay changed the title to Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky - The Story of Team Kirby (Version 1.2.1) (dialogue fixes and redos)

I'll try a few for now. I'm Japanese, so I don't think I'll be able to notice that many mistakes in the English text, but I'll report any bugs.
Also, I think it would be interesting to adjust the difficulty level and change the storyline a little bit in the end.

2 hours ago, kinu said:

とりあえずいくつか試してみます。私は日本人なので、英語の文章の間違いにはそれほど気付かないと思いますが、バグがあれば報告します。
あと、難易度を調整したり、最後にストーリーを少し変えたりするのも面白いかなと思います。

I've made it to Chapter 2 for now.
A couple of personal thoughts: first, I think you should try to add a conversation when the R button is pressed. (I think it would be nice to have the main character say something back to his partner's conversation.)
Also, there is a difference between cutscenes where the main character speaks and cutscenes where he/she barely speaks, so it would be good to add more conversations.
Also, it would be good to change the appearance of the UI and add or change the portraits of Pokémon to give a fresh feel.
It would also be interesting if the story diverges a little from the original in the middle of the game, although it would be a lot of work!

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

17130234850951424409517062557283.jpg

1 minute ago, kinu said:

とりあえず第2章まで進みました。
個人的な意見ですが、まずRボタンを押したときに会話を追加してみると良いと思います。 (相手の会話に対して主人公が一言返すとかあれば良いと思います。)
また、主人公が喋るカットシーンとほとんど喋らないカットシーンでは違いがあるので追加すると良いと思います。もっと会話を。
また、UIの見た目を変更したり、ポケモンの似顔絵を追加したり変更したりして、新鮮な印象を与えるのも良いでしょう。
手間はかかりますが、ゲームの途中で原作から少しストーリーが乖離したりするのも面白いですね!I've made it to Chapter 2 for now.
Some of my personal thoughts are that you should try to add a conversation when the R button is pressed. (It would be nice to feel like the protagonist is replying to his partner's conversation with some words.)
Also, there is a difference between cutscenes where the main character speaks and cutscenes where he/she barely speaks, so it might be good to add more conversations.
Also, changing the look of the UI, adding or changing the portraits of Pokémon, etc. would give it a fresh look and feel.

Also, there could be some additional Pokémon or changes to the starter.

あOne last thing, I think it would be a good idea to post it as a Demo on Skytemple to solicit more input from others. I think it would be a good idea to get more opinions from other people...

Edited by kinu

• ZeroModernDay changed the title to Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky - The Story of Team Kirby (Version 1.3.0) (dialogue fixes and more portraits)