Failure to load a PBR save file

ilygabriel

Hi everyone,

I recently tried to load a japanese save file of Pokemon Battle Revolution (Wii game) in PKHex, and here is what I get image.png.89b145271c9041c511bd86e177b1f843.png

My problem is that when I load another save file that I got from my friend, it perfectly loads. The problem is probably the language ? He's using an European version of the game while I'm using a Japanese one. Maybe PKHex doesn't support save files from japanese games ? It works fine for Diamond though.

By the way my save file isn't corrupted, it loads without any flaw in Pokemon Battle Revolution on Dolphin.

I'll link my save file and the other save file I got.

[JAP] PbrSaveData

[EUR] PbrSaveData

Thanks for reading

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Following up briefly with notes:

Original file (a fresh file, not the one in the above post): 0x380000 bytes, loads in PKHex but it looks like random garbage data.

When decrypted and immediately re-encrypted, the file is identical to the original file, so I assume there's nothing broken with the save tool.

Upon changing the TID/SID and re-encrypting, only the bytes 0x12860, 0x12865, 0x12686, 0x12687, and a handful in what I assume to be the checksum (0x1BFF87 through 0x1BFFBF) are different. In PKHex, the TID/SID have changed and the rest is identical (that is to say, garbage data.)

After using PKHex to insert a few actual Pokemon in place of some of the garbage in box 1, there is no visible difference in-game. I still can't access custom passes and the records screen show I have zero Pokemon in storage.

Original and edited save files included as attachments.

PbrSaveData-new PbrSaveData-original