[HG/SS] Unown Report (help and maybe a suggestion)

Hysteria

Hey guys! 

I'll apologize in antecedence for my english because it's not my primary language and I hope you guys can understand what I want to explain and do.

So, I think I may have a little bit of OCD and/or perfectionism (call it how you want) but that's not what is important, just explaining the motive behind me coming here to ask what I'm gonna ask.

~

There I was playing my HG run normally then I got bored and decided to go capture the Unowns, made the 1st puzzle, unlocked the A~J series then captured all of them. Ok nothing wrong so far. Solve the Omanyte puzzle to unlock the K~Q series and captured all of them. And here's when it started:

I don't know why I decided to open the Pokédex and/or Unown Report but when I opened one of them (and the other one later), I saw all of the Unowns in complete disorder. Sure, it's normal, after all I didn't captured them in the correct order just got everything that appeared to have all the letters. BUT I really hate looking into them and not seeing them ordered. 😓

Then I remembered the PKHeX and I thought "maybe they have a function to organize the entries, cause you know, it edits the save files". Well, I found the function to edit and organize them but it was only for the Pokédex entries, not the Unown Report.

~

I tried to look for a way to edit the Unown Report but can't find it. So far, I found these two topics about Unown Report/Dex:

Yes, I know they are from GEN 2 versions but the second link gave me an overall idea of how it works the editing and there I was, having my first (maybe not but you get the gist of it) contact with hexadecimals/decimals editing.

I followed this tutorial here but in a SS save that I hadn't captured any Unowns then I captured the A letter and the Event Constant diff that changed was the 75 (0x4B if I got the hex thing right), opened the HG save, tried to edit the Event Constant (to the value of the blank Unown Report), opened the game to see if the Unown Report resets aaaaaand of course it didn't (I removed all the Unowns caught entries from the Pokédex and deleted them on the BOX and yes I made a backup).

~

So here I am, humbly asking if someone can help me with that, after all I don't know if what I'm doing is right or if I'm on the right path and maybe it exists an easier way cause, you know, I'm a beginner in this hex/dec editing. Even if my preference is to just reorder the Unown Report I don't mind resetting it and recapturing (or just re-adding with the PKHex) one by one in order.

The possible solutions that I thought that can come with this topic are:

1. It is and interesting (but futile/useless) function to put in the program sometime in the future (don't think so but who knows right?)

2. There is an easier way to do this or I'm on the right path and someone with a kind heart and patience is gonna explain it to me (I hope so but not with high hopes)

3. Just go with it (this is probably the solution that I will follow, after all it's not like my life will over or I cannot finish the game with the disorderly Unown Report, it just bothers me and it doesn't hurt to ask)

~

Anyways, thanks to you who read all of that even if you don't have a solution for it, I really appreciate the time you gave me reading all the complains of a fussy (don't know if it's the right adjective) person. 😆

~

Edit: Btw I posted it here cause I thought it fulfill two of three conditions to post it here (the 'suggestions to improve interactivity within PKHex' and the 'requesting information on how a feature works') but if it's on the wrong area, I'm sorry.

Edited by Hysteria
  • Ditto 1