HGSS freeze problem > maximum memory reached?

Grovyle91

Hey guys,

Most of you think the freezing is caused by a build-in anti-piracy code. But...

I wanted to let you know there's also a possibility that there isn't enough free memory when you play HG/SS on a flashcard. Do anyone of you know the 'hack' in D/P/Pt with the layers of the map in Jubilife City (quickly moving through these layers to get Darkrai)?

Well, I thought the freezing problem in HG/SS is may be the same problem. Because, while I was playing HG (on my M3), I was running through Violet City, but when I ran past the gym from the left, the right part of the city was blacked out (and actually no gym, because the area that was blacked out, was kinda overlapping the gym). That area wasn't loaded and I couldn't walk through it. It was just solid black.

Then I moved upwards into a invisible warp (it was the door of the missing gym), but then the game froze completely in black.

It's just a thought I'd like to share with you. I don't know if this is really the case, but since I've encountered this, I thought that it needed to be considered as a possibility:

• The game loads too much maps or other information in its memory, but forgets to dispose this in some way or something which cause these random freezes/crashes...
  • Or, since I've read there were other flashcards without freezing, the problem might lay in the emulation of some flashcards.

I don't know if someone of you have this or something samilar, but I haven't seen this anywhere at the moment (or I've searched with the wrong words).

Too bad I didn't take a picture of it... but before I realized I entered the invisible gym.

When this happens a next time, I'll make sure I take a picture of it :)

Grtzz!!

• 3 months later...

Before I continue:

Wow... I've posted this... what is it... 3 months ago?!

Now I finally see my post here... after these 3 months...

I don't know who is checking the threads here, but it shouldn't take so long to approve it, should it?

I've tried this on a unpatched rom then with a version of M3 Sakura I think it was 1.40 or so. Now I have 1.44 2nd edition, a patched rom (only translation) and it freezes sometimes... although it's definately less, after an hour or so it still freezes.

For example on loading the event - people are talking and starting to walk to you (also the screen focusses on them) - but when the people are supposed to walk, the screen freezes and the music keeps playing but nothing responds. Now it could be the RTS function on M3 Sakura, I don't know. May be that someone has the same strange freezes as I have.

the game froze because you went through the door to the gym when nothing had been able to load in that area!

I don't exactly understand you, but as far as I do understand you, it's the same thing as I said.

You should have seen my screen then, the left half where the gym had to be was no gym, the right half was blacked out (and so was the rest of the right part of the screen). I entered the "gym" (which was entirely invisible), the game tries to load it, but if the game has no memory left, the game freezes when trying to load something more into the memory (in this case the room inside the gym), right?

Grtzz!!

Grovyle91