How to edit gen2 saves?

Hansmurx

I use a VC injected rom of Pokemon Gold on my new 3ds xl. I exported the savegame with jksv.

This generated 3 files:

sav.dat, rsm1.dat and rsm2.dat

I read in another thread, that I have to add 2 lines of zeros to that sav.dat file to edit it with pkhex.

This works fine. So I added 2 pokemon to my box 1 (I want to get all 3 starters).

But when I export this save game, I only get a sav.dat file. There is no rsm1.dat and no rsm2.dat.

After editing the sav.dat file, I removed the last 2 lines of zero bytes again.

When I try to import this sav.dat, the save game will be corrupted. So I tried to use the old rsm1.dat and rsm2.dat with the new sav.dat.

When I do this, the old save game will be loaded. (box 1 is empty, the 2 pokemon are missing then)

So, my question is:

How is it possible to edit all 3 files: sav.dat, rsm1.dat and rsm2.dat??

Edit: It seems, that my VC allways starts in the save state mode. That is the reason, why my box 1 is empty.

But I disabled this feature by holding start+x+R. :/

The menu only shows "resume" and "reset".

Nevertheless, the game allways starts the save state. How can I disable this?

Edited by Hansmurx

• 7 years later...

its a bit late but i had the same problem the thing i die was to have the sav.dat 3 times one you rename to rsm1.dat the other to rsm2.dat the last one not renamed (still sav.dat) and then you than you import all files (p.s. i didnt use jksv i use savedatafiler but i think jksv should work too) when you didnt found anything yet let me knoe if it work