Error while importing edited save

Yveltal17

Hey I'm new to save editing and I can't get it to work correctly. This is what I use:

- an old 3DS XL on firmware 10.5.0-30E

- I copied these files on my SD card: 3ds folder including save manager->save_manager.3dsx & save_manager.xml, boot.3dsx, browserhax_hblauncher_payload.bin

- a mac, accessing PKHeX through VirtualBox

- Pokémon Alpha Saphire on retail

I access homebrew via the yls8.mtheall.com/spider28hax.php link. It only works in 1/~10 tries though, the browser often crashes after the orange screen. If anybody knows a more stable method without any extra games, help is appreciated there as well.

I managed to backup my save, edited it with PKHeX, export SAV, replaced the old save with the edited one on the SD card. When I tried to import the save with with the save manager, I get the following error message:

Restoring save data...terminate called after throwing an instance of 'fsException'

terminate called recursively

It just shows up really quick (had to take a video to be able to read it), then jumps back to the homebrew menu. After loading my game the old save is still there, no changes were made.

I already googled this message for a while, I made sure that:

- the edited save is also called "main"

- there are no other saves in the folder, only the main file

- there are no hidden mac files, I deleted all .DS_Store files on my SD card

If I make a backup of my save and import that one, no error occurs.

Can somebody help me with this? :)

Edit: Or if someone can just import two .pk6 files and trade them to me in game that would also help a lot

Edited by Yveltal17

• 2 weeks later...