I need help with Advanced Map and scripting!

waZelda

Hi

I'm pretty new to modding and have gotten really far in a project on Emerald using only modding tools (since I can't script), but I have found some issues I can't solve without scripting, so can someone help me with the following? I'd really appreciate it.:kikkoman:

I have the following issues:

1. I'd like the professor to give you the National Dex at the start of the game instead of the Regional Dex.
  2. The changes I've made to the map on route 111 are only in effect when the Mirrage Tower is there. I want to make it make it so the Mirrage tower is always there to solve the issue.
  3. I need to edit Steven's Pokemon in the team battle against Team Magma, but I can't to it with the trainer editor I'm using.

I also need to know how to save script changes, because I've made some clumsy attempts combining Advance Map and Extreme Script Editor 1.0, but I don't seem to be able to save the script changes to the ROM. I hope you can help me with this, because I've spent a lot of time on the project and I'm pretty invested in it at this point, so I'd love to fix those glaring flaws. If you help me, I'll of course mention your username wherever I post the final result.

Just in case you're interested, here is why the issues above are so problematic:

1. I'm editing the Pokedex entries to tell you how each pokemon evolves, but I'm also adding a lot of variety to which pokemon you'll meet on the different routes, so many of them aren't in the Regional Dex.
  2. As an optional add-on to the mod I'm creating "slide mode" where you slide on grass just like on icy floor. Some routes take a lot of editing so you won't just get stuck and on route 111, if no changes are made you can not progress and might get stuck in a situation where you can't go back either.
  3. I'm tweaking the leveling process and the pokemon trainers as well. In the mod, Team Magma's pokemon in that battle are level 60 or higher, so Steven's level 42, 43 and 44 pokemon are absolutely useless in the battle.