Pokegen Pokedex problem

Yepi69

Hi, first of all i'm new here.

Ok, so i was using PokeGen and I was adding mystery gift files onto my save files to get the event pokemon I didn't had, both for Platinum and Soul Silver, I received all the mystery gift items and Pokemon off the guy at PokeMart, however i noticed my Pokedex is changed, both on Platinum and Soul Silver, on Platinum I have Pokemon marked as caught I never caught before (This has happened to me before on Platinum, but I didn't made a backup save file so my Pokedex was screwed) and the same with Soul Silver, I just started the game and I have Ho-Oh marked as caught, etc.

Of course I did a backup save file of both before adding the mystery gift files so what am I doing wrong then :mad:

Did you even touch the Pokedex dialog? And are you ABSOLUTELY sure you didn't? Are you ABSOLUTELY sure that the Pokedex data was fine JUST before you started using PokeGen? There's too much for me to assume that you did or didn't do, and this information is rarely given accurately. I doubt there's something wrong with PokeGen, it's more likely that you did something and forgot, or did something that you didn't understand the consequences of. Possibly something not even from PokeGen.

Yes, I started a new game on Soul Silver not so long ago so I don't have a lot of Pokemon as ''Seen'' on SS, also Platinum has got a lot of Pokemon marked as caught which I haven't seen them before.

I only used Pokegen to add the mystery gift files nothing else, although some of those mystery gift files appeared as ''Partial Card Data''.

Sorry to be bothering you BTW.