RMT: Superheroes Galore! - My Marvel-lous Team

Superheroes Galore!

Introduction

It really hasn't been long since my last RMT but with some relative success, (not to mention the lose streak afterwards *cough*) I've decided to post again. And btw yes, these pokemon's sets are based on Smogon's, yeah, boring right?

Theme

The theme of my team is to use pokemon that resemble the main Marvel Superheroes, hence the title of the thread. My previous team kept being called 'noob' because of the fact that I used sandstorm. It didn't really bug me but still, I decided to make a team that doesn't use weather so that those stupid people don't complain.

Things you may need to know

1. This team is used on Pokemon Online, therefore, assume all Pokemon have 31 of each EV, that is, unless the pokemon has Hidden Power as one of its moves.
  2. I used images to add to the presentation, however, it wasn't until after I made them that I realised it was a bit hard to read due to the small text. If you are having difficulties reading it or if it is hurting your eye, please open the spoiler beneath the image for the text based information of the pokemon. It is also for if your internet is slow and the images won't load.
  3. All the pokemon in this team are Male, no i'm not a sexist. The only reason was because most superheroes are male. The only female one I could think of was Wonderwoman and I couldn't find a pokemon to suit her.
  4. The reason I posted this was simply to look for ideas to improve it, so recommendations/suggestions are highly appreciated, thank you!

Former Members

Spr_5b_168.png

Spiderman (Ariados) @ Focus Sash

Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)

Ability: Insomnia

EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe

- Toxic Spikes

- Sucker Punch

- Bug Bite

- Protect

I originally had Ariados as Spiderman. I have nothing against Ariados, but there was just something I didn't like about using him. He was pretty frail and had serious problems taking hits. His speed isn't very impressive either. I ran a test with him and he didn't seem to help very much. Furthermore, Crobat was a way better lead so I decided to give up Ariados for a yellow tarantula.

Spr_5b_416.png

Wasp (Vespiquen) @ Leftovers

Nature: Careful (+SpD, -SpA)

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 248 HP, 8 Def, 252 SpD

- Attack Order

- Toxic

- Substitute

- Roost

Okay, let me explain, I was in the middle of thinking of Marvel Superheroes at that time. I couldn't think of many more heroes and I was watching 'The Avengers' on TV. I saw Wasp and decided that Vespiquen suited her perfectly. Vespiquen had decent defences so I tried her out. As you may have already expected, it didn't work well at all, it's 4x Stealth Rock Weakness made it an easy kill. And when I went to think of more superheroes, I was thinking Wasp isn't even a very famous character, so in the end, I decided not to use her. There's a good reason why she was in the NU tier anyway...

Spr_5b_598.png

Ironman (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers

Nature: Sassy (+SpD, -Spe)

Ability: Iron Barbs

EVs: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpD

- Curse

- Gyro Ball

- Leech Seed

- Protect

I actually made this set myself, it originally imported from another one of my teams. He worked out really well, if I ever managed to set up 3 or more curses, I could even go for a sweep. In the end, I decided not to use him, despite the fact that he fits the name of 'Ironman', he barely resembled him at all.

Team at Glance

Teamatglance.png

Crobat, Machamp, Scizor, Galvantula, Lucario, Conkeldurr

The Team

CrobatBatman.png

Batman (Crobat) @ Leftovers

Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)

Ability: Inner Focus

EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe

- Taunt

- Roost

- Brave Bird

- Super Fang

With its excellent speed, decent attack and bulk along with its utilisation of Taunt, Crobat made it into my team. It was my first time using this bat. It worked extremely well and tops my list of being the best lead. It taunts tanks such as Forretress and Skarmory (duh) and uses Super Fang to deal damage against them. Brave Bird is the option for pokemon who are quite frail, notably Gengar. As well as a lead, it also works as a great counter to the popular Generation V lead, Mienshao. The common set consists of Fake Out, Hi Jump Kick, U-turn and Stone Edge/Taunt. If it uses Fake Out, that would be its biggest mistake, as Crobat's Inner Focus prevents it from flinching while it's Brave Bird is enough to OHKO the cat. Crobat has a 4x Resistance to both Fighting and Bug, rendering Mienshao useless. Mienshao usually holds a Life Orb. However if it uses a Focus Sash and has Stone Edge, you are really hoping for a miss there, as Mienshao's Stone Edge is enough to spell doom to Crobat.

ShinyMachampHulk.png

Hulk (Machamp) (Shiny) @ Lum Berry

Ability: No Guard

EVs: 240 HP, 252 Atk, 16 SpD, 4 Spe

- DynamicPunch

- Payback

- Bullet Punch

- Stone Edge

I've been asked why I didn't use Machoke as Hulk instead as it suits Hulk having two arms. I chose this four-armed beast because of its superior attack and speed to be able to outspeed Blissey of course! I play in the Smogon server where you are able to rearrange your pokemon before the battle. My choice is always either Crobat or this guy. In the early game, if their first pokemon cannot wall Machamp/kill it, they will either at least attempt to or they will switch. DynamicPunch is the option here of course. It has a 100% confuse chance and will either get the pokemon or the pokemon it is switching into. If I predict a switch into a Ghost-type, I will normally use Stone Edge and hope for a crit (yes, luck does play a big role). You might ask why not Payback when that happens. That is because I cannot always predict correctly. What if it's not a Ghost-type the opponent switches into but rather a Flying-type? Stone Edge will make sure that switch-in pokemon gets hit hard. And it will either be killed by Machamp or revenge killed by one of its companions.

ScizorIronman.png

Ironman (Scizor) @ Leftovers

Ability: Technician

EVs: 248 HP, 40 Atk, 216 SpD, 4 Spe

- Swords Dance

- Bullet Punch

- Superpower

- Roost

The standard Bulky Swords Dance set, wait, I've changed it a teeny little bit of it. I took away 4 HP EVs and added it to Speed. You're probably thinking if that was necessary, well for me it is. Scizor is still one of the most used pokemon in the game. As a result, I meet a lot of other Scizors, the 4 EV speed investment allows my Scizor to outspeed other Scizors from the original set rather than hoping to win the Speed Tie. It would take 2 Swords Dances in order for either to KO the other with Superpower. If for some reason they use Superpower after 1 Swords Dance and you continue to set up your 2nd Swords Dance, they will either Bullet Punch you or Superpower you again. If they choose Superpower, keeping in mind that you have higher speed; you will be able to use Superpower to kill them instead. If they use Bullet Punch instead, it will not be able to kill you thanks to only having +1 Attack after the Superpower.

Let's talk away from the whole Scizor vs Scizor thing now, the main role of Scizor is to sweep. If it gets a good chance then I will set up a Swords Dance or two. After that, Bullet Punch will be my main sweeping move. We all know that Bullet Punch becomes 80 power thanks to STAB and Technician. Combined with Scizor's high attack, swords dance, and its priority effect, it is a very good sweeper. It is also my only counter against Tornadus in my team. My team is entirely swept by Tornadus if Scizor is dead. After 1 Swords Dance, Bullet Punch does over 90% of Tornadus' HP while being able to survive 1 Hurricane from a LO Tornadus. If Tornadus is equipped with Life Orb, then that guarantees its death. However, if it is not equipped with Life Orb, Machamp's Bullet Punch will be able to finish it off (unless I let him die earlier in the game).

GalvantulaSpiderman.png

Spiderman (Galvantula) @ Life Orb

Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)

Ability: Compoundeyes

EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe

- Thunder

- Bug Buzz

- Volt Switch

- Hidden Power (Ice)

Sorry Spidey, but you just turned out to be yellow. Galvantula's ability, Compoundeyes is able to increase Thunder's shaky accuracy to 91%. With Life Orb and decent special attack, Galvantula is able to abuse Thunder's use easily. Bug Buzz acts as its secondary STAB option, Volt Switch is to switch of course and Hidden Power Ice is to destroy... erhmm... all those annoying guys. Against pokemon with some decent SpD, I am really finding it hard to OHKO them. I am considering to changing its nature to Modest (+SpA, -Atk) to help with its offensive capabilites. However, i'm afraid that by doing so, many other pokemon such as Garchomp would be able to outspeed it. I am most concerned with this guy so help is mostly appreciated for him.

LucarioSuperman.png

Superman (Lucario) @ Choice Specs

Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)

Ability: Inner Focus

EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe

- Aura Sphere

- Dark Pulse

- Hidden Power (Ice)

- Vacuum Wave

I couldn't find any pokemon to look like Superman, no pokemon I know has a cape (maybe Emolga?) so I decided to just go with Lucario as he is mainly blue-coloured like Superman and is one of my favourite pokemon (after watching Lucario and the Mystery of Mew). Lucario is normally my late game attacker or even a revenge killer. If I know the rest of my opponent's pokemon are unable to outspeed me, I will spam Aura Sphere and switch when I need to, I also apply a similar strategy for Dark Pulse and Vacuum Wave. Hidden Power Ice is to revenge kill threats such as Salamence (unless it has already set up 1 DD). Vacuum Wave is a counter to many pokemon such as Excadrill and also used to revenge kill some pokemon on low health.

ConkeldurrThor.png

Thor (Conkeldurr) @ Leftovers

Ability: Guts

EVs: 116 HP, 252 Atk, 136 SpD, 4 Spe

- Bulk Up

- Drain Punch

- Mach Punch

- Stone Edge

Since starting to play, Conkeldurr has remained to be one of my favourite pokemon. Here, I am using the standard Bulk Up set, oh wait, I did exactly what I did to Scizor! I added 4 Speed EVs! That is of course, to act as a tiebreaker against other Conkeldurrs. The strategy here is to spam as many Bulk Ups as you can. As soon as they use Drain Punch on you, you start spamming Drain Punch instead of Bulk Up. Eventually, you will win, unless, of course, there is a crit.

Like Scizor, I will normally set up and sweep. If I cannot set up, I will just spam one of its Attacks.

Overall Comment

This team worked exceptionally better than I originally expected it to. 4 Pokemon with Priority moves may seem too much but that's working for me so... yeah... Again, Tornadus is the main threat of my team and all suggestions are welcome, thank you!