How to translate Pokegen?

ProTrainer

Hello all,

I noticed that there isn't an italian version of this program.

Well, I know very well english and I'm tired to be asked by my friends the meaning of the words xD.

I'd be disposed to translate it, problem is that I know nothing of programming and such.

Do I just need to edit the .txt file naming it "lang_Italiano.txt"? Or do I need to do something else?

Thank you for the info

Make a copy of lang_English.txt and start translating the strings in there.

Only parts after the equal sign need to be translated. For example:

Menu_File=File

Only the part that's underlined and bolded needs to be translated. In fact, changing the other part will result in it defaulting back to an English string for that entry. Also, lines starting with a semi-colon aren't used by the program. They're just comments.

Capitalization is very important to me. Don't change something unless it's appropriate for the language. Don't add in your own flavor to anything either. Translate exactly as you see it as closely as possible.

Finally, don't bother with the tooltips for now. They may be getting removed in the future.

Edit: Translations don't always display properly either. The controls in PokeGen are currently designed solely to fit a specific length. A change to fix this problem is being worked on, but it may be a while, as it's complicated.