Ciro's Pokemon Maker - Please Help!

Ambara

I am at my wit's end with this program. I know it used to work, but for some reason, not it seems to NEVER work.

At one time, I could make this easily work on Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. Every time. Leaf Green and Fire Red wouldn't work, but that was little trouble to me.

Last night I had a copy of Leaf Green from a save online. It loaded up in Ciro's, showed me all the pokemon as they were in the save. So it worked fine.

Today, I was trying to start obtaining copies of all the starters/trade/legendaries from 3rd gen games. And for me efforts, I get squat.

I started out in Pokemon Ruby, using my copy of VBA. The same VBA as with LG last night.

I create a boy character named Matthew, I play until you choose, and I did a save state, so I could redo it until I had both male and female of each starter.

I make all the Gameshark screenshots, and when I go to load them into Ciro's, that's when my problems start.

It can't see ANY pokemon in the screenshot. It also can't read my trainer info. All it throws at me is a trainer id of 65535 (same with secret ID).

What am I doing wrong? Does this need a specific version of VBA? Does it require certain settings?

I have restarted the save file numerous times, with the same results. It actually worked one time, but when I tried the next screenshot in that game, it was bad.

Please help, this is annoying the crap out of me.