In this tutorial you will learn how to back up your Nintendo switch saves using a homebrew program called JKSV. The latest version of JKSV can be downloaded from here.
Note: This guide is meant for CFW emuNAND extracting from/importing to CFW emuNAND, or CFW sysNAND extracting from/importing to CFW sysNAND.
It's not meant for CFW emuNAND extracting from/importing to Stock sysNAND. In this unintended case, it may work for some of the readers,
but note that the sysNAND and emuNAND may unlink at any time, causing this unintended consequence to stop working.
The only real fix that we know thus far, is creating a new emuNAND using the present sysNAND.
1. Launch the Homebrew Menu from your Switch and look for JKSV. Then launch JKSV by pressing "A"
2. Pick your desired user
3. Navigate to your desired game
4. Press "A" to select your desired game. Then press "A" to begin backing up your save
5. Enter a name for your new save. Then click on the "Accept" button or click "+" to complete the backup process.
6. If the backup has completed you will see a new save with the name you chose under your desired game.
7. Turn your Switch off, insert your SD card into your computer and Navigate to "JKSV". Then find your desired game in the list of games.
8. Open your desired game's folder. Inside will be the folder you named in step 5. Note: this folder will contain all of the subsequent backups you make of this game.
9. Navigate through the folder of the backup you created and you will find your save file. Note: this step may be different and the resulting save file may be different depending on the game you have chosen.
10. MAKE A BACKUP OF THIS FILE BEFORE USING OR EDITING IT WITH ANY SAVE EDITORS.