(Pokemon Sun/Moon covers 1)
Nintendo has released a patch for Pokémon Sun and Moon introducing the following game balance fixes 2:
- Fixes glitch that caused battles to not continue when Z-Memento and Z-Parting Shot were used on Battle spot
- Fixed a glitch that determined the wrong winner if the Rocky Helmet caused both players to lose their final Pokémon
- Fixed a glitch where Pokémon wouldn't learn moves after they evolved such as with Kadabra and Confusion
- Alterations to some Battle Tree Pokémon - Change of Kommo-o's move from Shell Smash to Draco Meteor
- Various Bug Fixes
Battle videos recorded before applying the update are incompatible with this patch and will be unplayable after installing it.
With regards to game hacking, this may break ROM hacks, depending on whether or not the ROM hack modified the game's executable. If you are playing such a ROM hack, you will either need to refrain from updating or wait for the author to update the hack. Save editors like PKHeX are unaffected.
@SciresM's SMPatcher has been updated to version 1.1 to provide compatibility with the update, and can be downloaded here 3. If you are new to SMPatcher, it will modify the game executable to make QR scanning and PKHeX importing much similar. In order to use it, you will need to have CFW, which can currently be installed using the latest firmware. The recommended installation guide can be found here. Here is a list of patches that SMPatcher can apply to Sun or Moon:
- Allows for the resigning of any QR type, via hooked QR decryption.
- Allows for the scanning of Injection QRs, generatable via PKHeX
- Grants unlimited QR scans/day
- Enables one to scan the same QR multiple times.
- Optionally, disable outlines from being drawn.