Look at all the stability this is bringing.
Presently, it's been reported that users that mod their 3DSs (regardless Arm9LoaderHax or Boot9Strap) have been affected by a 002-0102 ban.
A ban of this error code is not new, with the most notable instance being when users went online with Pokemon Sun and Moon pre-launch.
Users with this ban are able to access e-Shop, but won't be able to access their Friends list, and also not able to connect online with games.
This ban is different from a simple Game-Sync/PGL ban; this ban affects and limits all games' online-play connectivity.
It is not known if this is an indiscriminate blanketed banwave against all Custom Firmware (CFW) users,
or whether there is a underlying mechanic responsible for this.
While we are unaware whether users with CFW already have their information captured by Nintendo's servers,
recommended actions are:
- Don't attempt any online play.
- Keep your 3DS Network Switch "OFF"
- Do not attempt to bypass the Ban (we don't know if it'll lead to more severe action)
- Wait patiently for any findings (may take weeks)
External Source: http://gbatemp.net/threads/regarding-the-recent-3ds-banwave.471781/
Updated: For those that want to risk the pesky ban, these safeguards below could work.
[we are not responsible if it doesn't; this only applies to people who aren't banned.]
- Streetpass MiiPlaza > Settings > Share Info => NO
- Streetpass MiiPlaza > Settings > SpotPass => NO
- Friend List > Settings > "Show friends what you're playing? => OFF
- Friend List > [you] > Favorite > "Choose your favorite title" => "Don't have one"
- System Settings > Internet Settings > SpotPass > Sending of System Information > NO
- Uninstall Homebrew CIA and remove their tickets, including but not limited to, FBI, JKSM, Savedatafiler, any out of region games, etc.
- To run other homebrew in a way that avoids illegal tickets, run them by injecting it into your Health&Safety. (that's how my HBL is running now)
- Use Tiksweep to remove remaining unused tickets
- Use GodMode9 to clear your Activity Log
- Use Cthulu - Cache Tool to clear your shared icon cache and home menu icon cache
- Launch and play every app (it'll be weird to have no activity in any of them)
- Using your Router's URL filter to prevent 3DS from communicating with other servers unnecessarily
Various developers are still monitoring the situation, to identify the detection methods.
If you got time, take part in this survey: