Jump to content
  • Sign in to follow this  

    Brace Yourself: (Another) Ban-Wave Is Coming


    theSLAYER

    Ho-ho-ho.
    It's about time they caught on.

    Capture2.PNG

    While I never did go online to do battles with the cartridge in a different Region 3DS,
    I did accidentally use the same save (on a different Region 3DS, pre-GameSync) to collect a wonder card for screenshots,
    (which I remember the incident very clearly), so that is how they caught me.


    I probably went online without checking my Luma's Region setting.
    (it was set to a different region settings, argh)

    We will update this page, as the story develops.


    Sources: Me. [yeah, that's my game up there.]

    Sign in to follow this  


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    So did the people who registered for the competitions that used PKHeX get banned only or those who also only just registered their game sync id on the PGL that use PKHeX? I know I haven't done any of the competitions aside for Global Missions and am still intact on my main save.

    I'm also testing a new registered game save that I put all legal items and dex 'mons on to see if it holds on (Not registering it for the competition).

    Edited by Holla!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    6 hours ago, Holla! said:

    So did the people who registered for the competitions that used PKHeX get banned only or those who also only just registered their game sync id on the PGL that use PKHeX? I know I haven't done any of the competitions aside for Global Missions and am still intact on my main save.

    I'm also testing a new registered game save that I put all legal items and dex 'mons on to see if it holds on (Not registering it for the competition).

    As long as you have Game Sync, and you go online (and game sync captures your data),
    they have immediate detection, so it seems.

    When I used the wrong region, it was already after the period of the online competition.

    (was doing free battles to test my team)
     

    8 hours ago, coltonsmogon said:

    Let's hope you can get this solved sooner or later, @theSLAYER...

    This can't be solved.
    The moment your save is banned, it'll be deleted by PGL.
    Luckily, I got a pre-gamesync save.

    I zero'd out the GameSync segment, and connecting online gives me another Game Sync ID.

    Question is whether they realize I'm using the same OT/TID/SID combo the next time I log in..

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Weren't people able to bypass it by using a new game's sync id on their banned one? I know people on GBATemp and reddit said that worked for them. But then you'd lose all your PGL data such as Golbal Missions etc.

    Haven't been playing the games as much now so I really dunno. 

    Edited by Holla!

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    6 minutes ago, Holla! said:

    Weren't people able to bypass it by using a new game's sync id on their banned one? I know people on GBATemp and reddit said that worked for them. But then you'd lose all your PGL data such as Golbal Missions etc.

    Haven't been playing the games as much now so I really dunno.

    I dunno if there's a "Game Sync" Flag of some sort in the game, hence why I reverted to a state prior to being able to game sync.

    There was the step to "unlink from PGL", so I basically bypassed that step,
    when I change game sync ID portion to all 0 and went to obtain ID, on a pre-game sync save.

    I already dragged all Pokemon over, so I kind of have no lost data progress too..

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Slayer, by evading the ban, isn't it still possible for them to find out?  They could check OTN/TID/SID/OTG and determine that you are regenerating your game?
    With that said, were you successful in unbanning yourself?

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Sabresite said:

    Slayer, by evading the ban, isn't it still possible for them to find out?  They could check OTN/TID/SID/OTG and determine that you are regenerating your game?
    With that said, were you successful in unbanning yourself?

    It sounds like he has unbanned himself... for now that is...

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    @Sabresite @coltonsmogon
    It's totally possible for them to recheck TID/SID/OT/OTG, since the likelihood of having the exact same details is abysmal.

    Funny thing is, they already issued a new game sync ID to me, its just that I've yet to connect it back to my account,
    since it's also Pokemon Moon, and I need them to remove that game from old account first.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I think I'm going to back up my save on Sun, house my shinies in Bernardo's bank for a bit, and restart the game. I'll just use Moon for any major hacks and not go online there. Maybe I can experiment with Sun and try giving myself like 100 rare candies/max revives/etc and report if I get banned.

    If I do get banned, restarting the game will fix it right? Or Ill back up pre edit and restore...

    Edited by BlueBraviary

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    17 minutes ago, BlueBraviary said:

    I think I'm going to back up my save on Sun, house my shinies in Bernardo's bank for a bit, and restart the game. I'll just use Moon for any major hacks and not go online there. Maybe I can experiment with Sun and try giving myself like 100 rare candies/max revives/etc and report if I get banned.

    If I do get banned, restarting the game will fix it right? Or Ill back up pre edit and restore...

    PGL did give a warning that seems to hint more severe punishment,
    so we don't know if it can go as far as device ban.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Just a little update to interested parties.

    My pgl account that had the ban save (as mentioned above) couldn't register for the latest may competition.

    I'm not sure if it's permanent, or if my 3ds data is logged as no longer able to participate, or if my 3ds network banned (i have yet to check)

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 19/04/2017 at 7:17 AM, theSLAYER said:

    Ho-ho-ho.
    It's about time they caught on.

    Capture2.PNG

    While I never did go online to do battles with the cartridge in a different Region 3DS,
    I did accidentally use the same save (on a different Region 3DS, pre-GameSync) to collect a wonder card for screenshots,
    (which I remember the incident very clearly), so that is how they caught me.


    I probably went online without checking my Luma's Region setting.
    (it was set to a different region settings, argh)

    We will update this page, as the story develops.


    Sources: Me. [yeah, that's my game up there.]

     

    View full article

     

     

    Question, do they ban if you spoof region? Sorry for thread hijacking.

    Edited by Cecillia

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    7 minutes ago, Cecillia said:

     

    Question, do they ban if you spoof region? Sorry for thread hijacking.

    if you change region on a game synced save, yes.

    Non-game synced save? no clue.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

  • Our picks

×
×
  • Create New...