SM - Sun/Moon Upcoming Events!

theSLAYER

TL;DR version

tQKUKaA.pngFoTEaUN.jpg Region(s) : JP | Dates: Distribution Ended (movie 19 viewing)
LC8yCAS.pngFoTEaUN.jpg Region(s) : JP | Dates: November 28th, 2016 onwards (guidebook)

tc39Pe0.png1IdClAR.jpg Regions: All | Distribution: Dec. 1, 2016 to Jan. 1, 2017 (only at Sapporo Pokemon Center)

A1kUeTp.png5WPGDwI.pngeQA3W5s.png (only one) 1IdClAR.jpg Region(s) : All | Distribution: November 18, 2016 - ??? (receivable only on Birthday)

1bggVso.png120px-SM_Snorlium_Z.pngpmypV3D.jpg Region(s) : All | Dates: November 28th, 2016 to ???

90px-Dream_Gold_Bottle_Cap_Sprite.pngn4dFcVG.jpg Region(s) : JP | Dates: November 28th, 2016 onwards (guidebook)

Dream_Quick_Ball_Sprite.pngn4dFcVG.jpg Region(s) : JP, HKTW, EU| Distribution: November 18, 2016 - January 11, 2017, Last redemption: November 30, 2017

Dream_Revival_Herb_Sprite.pngn4dFcVG.jpg Region(s) : HKTW | Distribution: November 18, 2016 - ???

Dream_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.pngn4dFcVG.jpg Region(s) : US, JP | Distribution: November 18, 2016 - ???

5-png.66717 Pokemon Link Transfer, from Sun Moon Demo Region(s) : All | Distribution: Unlimited (one per game per demo)

----------

Details

Until Gen VI is behind us,
I shall use this post to convey and collate the upcoming events.

1. Magearna, JP region, via QR code on Ga-ole Disc

Unbelievably, the first Gen VII Pokemon has been distributed, albeit we won't be able to redeem it until we get our hands on Sun/Moon.
The Magearna QR code was distributed to movie viewers that watched the Japanese movie M19,
and it appears everyone receives the exact same QR code (meaning it ain't one time use per code; code can be shared)

Limited to 300 copies in Japan theaters nationwide, I assume that the giveaway is likely over.
Luckily, we got our hands onto one (and the image is in the link below)

While internationally the QR code will come soonTM, it is not known when.

Read more here:

2. Togedemaru, JP region, via QR code

Granted, this is not an event Pokemon per se, it was noted that the intention of the QR code is to make this critter much easier to find.
(Also, we need a reform and have an "Event QR" thread.)
This QR code will be released together with the P"okémon Sun & Moon World's Fastest Capture Guide" on November 28th, 2016.

Along-side Serebii's post on Togedemaru, it is mentioned that the special Moncolle GET figures will come with QR Codes that will let you easily find the Pokémon in the wild.
(edit: probably just for you to find the correct patch of grass)

What happens if you scan the QR code of every Pokemon in the same route, would that mean that their encounter rate returns to normal?

Source:

3. Golden Bottle Caps Distribution, JP region

Bundled with the Pokémon Sun & Moon Official Guide Book,
it has been confirmed that you will receive a serial code for a Gold Bottle Caps,
Which purpose is to boost the IVs to maximum, with usage of the new IV training system.

Any limitations to the usage of Golden Bottle caps are presently unknown.
Your Pokemon needs to be level 100 to use the IV training system.

Source:

4. Happy Hour and Hold Back Munchlax, with Snorlium Z, International

There's a certain ambiguity in calling it an "early purchase bonus via internet connection".
It sounds like they are saying it's merely a Wifi gift, as opposed to being a serial code event (most of their purchase bonuses end up being serial code gifts).
This is in some way reminiscent to the Torchic gift they gave away during the launch of XY.

They are phrasing it in such a way that means,
hey, if ya don't buy this game within the first month, the event will be over and ya' regret it aye

Yup, get your Munchlax to evolve into a Snorlax, and it'll Pulverize the Pancakes out of your Opponents once per battle!
Snorlium Z is the first Pokemon exclusive Z crystal to be revealed
(along side Alolan Raichu Crystal, which indicates some Z crystals will also be regional-variant specific),
and it comes with the move Pulverizing Pancake.

edit: Mandarin Press release confirms that it is a Mystery Gift via Internet Connection receipt
{image shows one needs to collect if from mystery gift, first look at screen?:D}
muchlax_screenshot3.jpg
source:
source:

5. 12 Quickballs, EU, JP region and HKTW region

Players with the japanese 3DS can 12 Quickballs if they grab the digital copy of the game
or get a Snorlax GX card when they grab the retail copy of the game.

Valid date of Promotion period for HKTW is November 18, 2016 - January 11, 2017, via Serial code,
and last date of Serial code redemption is till November 30, 2017.

Serial code is obtained when purchasing Sun and Moon via Nintendo Eshop.
There's also 10,000 codes up for grabs in Game establishments across Spain.
Confirmed for EU:
dxldVWW.png
source:
source:
source:

6. Revival Herb Bonus, HKTW region (and possibly JP region)

I have yet to see anyone else (or any other site, for that matter) post on this:
Early Purchase of the Special Boxed Version of Pokemon Sun and Moon will give players stickers for Solgaleo and Lunala and the 3 starters,
as well as the item 8x Revival Herb to be used in game. (likely to be serial code redemption)
fukkatsusou.jpg

As the image provided contained Japanese text, I assume this promotion may apply to JP region as well.
Source:

7. 2x 100 Pokeballs Set, US and JP region

Purchasing the Pokemon Sun-Moon double pack will offer two sets of 100 Pokeballs each!
Thanks Cstylzzz and Holla! for the heads up, I completely missed out on this!
Source:
Source:

8. Pokemon Sun Moon Demo

Released worldwide for free 18-Oct-2016.
It comes with an exclusive Ash-Greninja that will be transferable to the Sun and Moon games.
(think Mega Galie and Mega Steelix from ORAS demo)

9. New Pokemon Center Birthday Distribution! (Local Wireless, all regions)

RX6AFIt.jpg

vvqxwzj.png

Starting from launch day, Players will be able to obtain one of these 3 Pokemon when they visit the Pokemon Center on their birthday!
(proved via identity card or passport)
Existing XYORAS birthday distributions will end Dec 31 2016.

Source:

10. Reopening of Sapporo Pokemon Center Distribution (

d3qhbde.png

Alolan Vulpix will be distributed to commerate the re-opening of the Sapporo Pokemon Center,
as it will be part of the new logo for Sapporo's Pokemon Center.

The Local distribution officially begins from Dec. 1, 2016 to Jan. 1, 2017,
however winners of a lucky draw will have early access on Nov. 30, 2016.

While not described to be region lock, most of previous Pokemon Center events weren't region locked,
and if it were, it would be stated on their site (and it wasn't).

Source:

-----

Feel free to report Pokemon, Item or QR code specific events here, and I'll update according as it comes.

Discuss!

To my understanding, Ga-ole QR code adds Pokedex data for Pokemon Sun and Moon (which we won't have access to all older Pokemon that soon),

and may have other unannounced features.

As such, I compiled all the QR codes I could find for now into an archive.

01 Contains Set 01 and any Promos

02 Contains Set 02

They're both not complete, as the disks with the codes fully visible aren't easy to find

Credits (?):

Edited by theSLAYER

• 3 weeks later...
Cool! Thanks for updating, I'm really waiting for this gen :P

I'm pretty excited for Sun/Moon too.

And without Pokebank in the first few months, the only way to expand our Pokedex entries is to use QR codes, hence the wild search.

I tried alternating hashtags on twitter (to find the Mew QR code), but none visible thus far.

I found some lists on the official site.

Set 1 https://pokemongaole.com/new/1/

01-001 Bulbasaur

01-002 Ivysaur

01-003 Venusaur

01-004 Mega Venusaur

01-005 Charmander

01-006 Charmeleon

01-007 Charizard

01-008 Mega Charizard X

01-009 Squirtle

01-010 Wartortle

01-011 Blastoise

01-012 Mega Blastoise

01-013 Chespin

01-014 Quilladin

01-015 Chesnaught

01-016 Chesnaught

01-017 Fennekin

01-018 Braixen

01-019 Delphox

01-020 Delphox

01-021 Froakie

01-022 Frogadier

01-023 Greninja

01-024 Greninja

01-025 Dunsparce

01-026 Pachirisu

01-027 Stunfisk

01-028 Farfetch'd

01-029 Dedenne

01-030 Dedenne

01-031 Hawlucha

01-032 Hawlucha

01-033 Girafarig

01-034 Klefki

01-035 Pancham

01-036 Pangoro

01-037 Noibat

01-038 Noivern

01-039 Noivern

01-040 Pikachu

01-041 Pikachu

01-042 Magikarp

01-043 Gyarados

01-044 Mega Gyarados

01-045 Riolu

01-046 Lucario

01-047 Lucario

01-048 Mega Lucario

01-049 Gengar

01-050 Mega Gengar

01-051 Ralts

01-052 Kirlia

01-053 Gardevoir

01-054 Mega Gardevoir

01-055 Volcanion

01-056 Xerneas

01-057 Yveltal

01-058 Zygarde

01-059 Zygarde (Complete Form)

01-050★ Shiny Mega Gengar

01-054★ Shiny Mega Gardevoir

Set 2 https://pokemongaole.com/new/2/

02-001 Turtwig

02-002 Grotle

02-003 Torterra

02-004 Chimchar

02-005 Monferno

02-006 Infernape

02-007 Piplup

02-008 Prinplup

02-009 Empoleon

02-010 Lunatone

02-011 Solrock

02-012 Paras

02-013 Parasect

02-014 Koffing

02-015 Weezing

02-016 Dratini

02-017 Dragonair

02-018 Dragonite

02-019 Dragonite

02-020 Fletchling

02-021 Fletchinder

02-022 Talonflame

02-023 Goomy

02-024 Sliggoo

02-025 Goodra

02-026 Goodra

02-027 Kangaskhan

02-028 Mega Kangaskhan

02-029 Slowpoke

02-030 Slowbro

02-031 Mega Slowbro

02-032 Gible

02-033 Gabite

02-034 Garchomp

02-035 Mega Garchomp

02-036 Mewtwo

02-037 Xerneas

02-038 Yveltal

02-039 Zygarde

02-040 Zygarde (Complete Forme)

02-XXX Mew

02-019★ Shiny Dragonite

Promotionals https://pokemongaole.com/new/special/

Mega Charizard Y

Shiny Mega Gardevoir

Blastoise

Venusaur

Charizard

Magearna

Pikachu

As you may know some disks (or all?) have shiny versions. Those are not included in these lists unfortunately.

EDIT: Second list is now complete. Source http://pokemon-kouryaku.com/gaoore-pokemon-itiran/

Edited by BlackShark

If they aren't clear enough, couldn't someone with a lot of time on their hands still re-create them in ms paint or something? :P

They seem readable enough by eye, so if some of the codes are really that important and the 3DS won't read them this is still an option.

If they aren't clear enough, couldn't someone with a lot of time on their hands still re-create them in ms paint or something? :P

They seem readable enough by eye, so if some of the codes are really that important and the 3DS won't read them this is still an option.

I tried recreating some with QR scanner type of application, but it prints a totally different QR code out, so I was pretty confused.

I considered doing that actually, but I'm not sure what type of dimensions QR code follows..

Dimensions probably wouldn't matter all that much, because we can technically resize them by moving them closer or further away from the camera. :P

Or we can make them bigger and downscale them if needed.

And hmm... earlier when I made that post, I had looked at a few which looked readable enough for the human eye, but I looked at a few more now and there are some others that are much less clear... hard to tell with some of them. Maybe the clearest of them could still be read by the 3DS but some of them are hard to read even by the human eye so I doubt the 3DS will recognize those.

Even the ones that are readable are still kinda blurry so might not be all that good. But we will see, at least the more readable ones we can spend some time re-creating.

Dimensions probably wouldn't matter all that much, because we can technically resize them by moving them closer or further away from the camera. :P

Or we can make them bigger and downscale them if needed.

And hmm... earlier when I made that post, I had looked at a few which looked readable enough for the human eye, but I looked at a few more now and there are some others that are much less clear... hard to tell with some of them. Maybe the clearest of them could still be read by the 3DS but some of them are hard to read even by the human eye so I doubt the 3DS will recognize those.

Even the ones that are readable are still kinda blurry so might not be all that good. But we will see, at least the more readable ones we can spend some time re-creating.

I'm trying to use online QR code scanner and creation system,

but so far all the ones that are generated, the text changes.

using 00 pikachu,

it went from

..æ....NµèÐ`óïÓNLð..DáþÏQÍXöy.È._.iX.EJr. ¢äh.ï»iùåGå¸..Rêµâ(íZ ä¬,õ :·öP..j.Ñp¡9º{1xm79óT ÓçS©ÉPOKE.

to

Â..æ.Â.Â.Â.NµèÃ.`óïÃ.NLð.Â.DáþÃ.QÃ.XöyÂ.Ã.Â._.iXÂ.EJrÂ. ¢ähÂ.ï»iùåGå¸.Â.Rêµâ(Ã.Z ä¬,õ :·öPÂ.Â.jÂ.Ã.p¡9º{1xm79óT Ã.çS©Ã.POKE.

which is pretty annoying.

I'm not sure if the change makes a different when s/m tries to scan it..

edit 2:

So I recreated a QR on Excel, and compared it with the QR code, and there's a small difference when uploaded.

dsMW6Gv.png

ehMxjeD.png

I don't think I made an error, but I'll like to doublecheck.

(I used this site to scan the QR code into text)

Edited by theSLAYER

So I recreated a QR on Excel, and compared it with the QR code, and there's a small difference when uploaded.

dsMW6Gv.png

ehMxjeD.png

I don't think I made an error, but I'll like to doublecheck.

(I used this site to scan the QR code into text)

ftfy :P

gP2Y0Hu.png

That one is honestly one of the clearest ones so I wouldn't be surprised if the 3DS could scan it properly from the start. It's the blurrier ones that I'd be more worried about. :S

mmm I'll see if I can do a few, would be a pain to do the whole thing alone.

If you're starting with the rarer ones then I may try Shiny Mega Gengar + X/Y Legendary trio (unless you've already done those and you just didn't have them in that excel file)

mmm I'll see if I can do a few, would be a pain to do the whole thing alone.

If you're starting with the rarer ones then I may try Shiny Mega Gengar + X/Y Legendary trio (unless you've already done those and you just didn't have them in that excel file)

Nope I haven't done them!

This is pretty hard on the eyes not to mention tedious... was starting to struggle a bit with Xerneas already lol, so considering how late it is right now, I think that'll be it for today for me.

Shiny Gengar-M is really difficult considering how slanted the QR code in the photo is, so I haven't done that yet, but it should definitely be possible if I could focus on it well enough, heh.

Included the images of the QR codes these were based on for convenience, so that people can double or triple-check it for me. I'd like to think they're okay, but someone could notice a mistake that I didn't. :P

Also I'm using LibreOffice since I don't have MS Office, it liked to resize the cells from your file to rectangles whenever I made a change, and I had to change font size to 12 in every cell so I could get the same cell size you had without it messing up. Not sure if that'll cause problems opening it in MS Office, but if that's the case it should be trivial to resize the cells back to their intended dimensions, hopefully.

Really good idea to use Excel for that btw, so much easier and more convenient than my MS Paint idea lol.

Xerneas:

H54pkQt.png

Yveltal:

QtGm5fl.png

Zygarde:

HcV0fQX.png

This is pretty hard on the eyes not to mention tedious... was starting to struggle a bit with Xerneas already lol, so considering how late it is right now, I think that'll be it for today for me.

Shiny Gengar-M is really difficult considering how slanted the QR code in the photo is, so I haven't done that yet, but it should definitely be possible if I could focus on it well enough, heh.

Included the images of the QR codes these were based on for convenience, so that people can double or triple-check it for me. I'd like to think they're okay, but someone could notice a mistake that I didn't. :P

Also I'm using LibreOffice since I don't have MS Office, it liked to resize the cells from your file to rectangles whenever I made a change, and I had to change font size to 12 in every cell so I could get the same cell size you had without it messing up. Not sure if that'll cause problems opening it in MS Office, but if that's the case it should be trivial to resize the cells back to their intended dimensions, hopefully.

Really good idea to use Excel for that btw, so much easier and more convenient than my MS Paint idea lol.

Xerneas:

H54pkQt.png

Yveltal:

QtGm5fl.png

Zygarde:

HcV0fQX.png

Thank you for your hard work!

I could make the template smaller, if necessary.

Yeah I used Excel cells because I could just use the arrow keys to move the selected cell, then paste the black background in.

I was having the same issue with Mewtwo. When zooming in on the slanted image,

its hard to tell if the black is supposed to be in the next cell..

Ah no, for template size, bigger is better. It'd be a lot harder to see if it were smaller, I think. Would also be harder to click on specific cells when/if needed.

I just looked at the Mewtwo one... good luck with that one, it's really blurry :S

Ah no, for template size, bigger is better. It'd be a lot harder to see if it were smaller, I think. Would also be harder to click on specific cells when/if needed.

I just looked at the Mewtwo one... good luck with that one, it's really blurry :S

yeah mewtwo would be a nightmare.

I'm hoping to find a clearer one on twitter :/

I can't await the demo version. Fortunately I will have a few free days around the release. If it's like the ORAS demo there might be some interesting information inside, like the complete Pokedex!

yeah mewtwo would be a nightmare.

I'm hoping to find a clearer one on twitter :/

This one should be clear enough https://twitter.com/e12613e4ebe641f/status/777846202083610625

There's one thing I'm currently wondering about. If you compare two disks of the same Pokemon you will notice that the QR codes differ. This doesn't apply to promotionals. I'm wondering what the reason could be. Anyway it would still be nice to have a database with one code for each Pokemon.

I can't await the demo version. Fortunately I will have a few free days around the release. If it's like the ORAS demo there might be some interesting information inside, like the complete Pokedex!

This one should be clear enough https://twitter.com/e12613e4ebe641f/status/777846202083610625

There's one thing I'm currently wondering about. If you compare two disks of the same Pokemon you will notice that the QR codes differ. This doesn't apply to promotionals. I'm wondering what the reason could be. Anyway it would still be nice to have a database with one code for each Pokemon.

Yup it differs, probably ga ole data itself.

Yes that mewtwo is clear! Next, to find Mew